“Yelp lead us here”

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Dunsmuir
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: What started as a small delivery service in Redding, CA has become a Northstate sensation! YAKS on the 5 offers gourmet burgers, salads and brews. We strive to provide our guests with a memorable an awe inspiring experience with handcrafted foods, award winning microbrews, and world famous sticky buns. Baked goods are made fresh every morning and all our sauces, dressings and other goodies are made from product sourced locally whenever possible and made in house by our culinary team. It really is like tasting delicious for the first time in every bite. Come and enjoy...:)
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our two stops in Dunsmuir, This funky place has the best breakfast pecan rolls and french press coffee. Everyone else was having more food, and we will next time. Obviously a favorite with the locals.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went there for the second time today. Food was great. But I decided on a soda instead of water (which is what I preferred to drink) because the water bottle on the table had floaters in it. Yes I was quite grossed out. Also we were sitting against the window and there were so many dead bugs, just right in my face (yes I was grossed out again). As for the service, the girl is super friendly (didn't stop talking to one guy) but she took our order, brought our food and brought our check, that was it! (And to be honest I was ok with that)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Loved the super friendly, personable service. Food was excellent. Looked like a bar from the drive–by, but so glad I took a chance and went with my kids. It was family friendly, but looked like it could be a fun night with just the adults, too. Loved the fresh French Press coffee for breakfast!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Although Yaks was originally known for its pressed coffee, it's a great place for breakfast or lunch. For lunch, try one of their fabulous grass fed beef burgers and a micro brew. Add in an order of fabulous garlic fries, and you're set. However, this place is popular, which means that sometimes the food comes out of the kitchen a bit slow, but it's worth the wait. The servers are pleasant and informative. So, sit back and enjoy.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is overrated by some of the reviewers. They must have gotten drunk . If you like beer then this is the place for you, they have plenty to choose from. You can taste a lot of them because the cook is slow. There were only 10 people there at dinner time and 3 kids. Not the fault of the server she was doing her best to talk to us and was pleasant with a good personality. It's an over rated hamburger joint/diner. Yes its a big burger maybe close to 1/2 lb and tasteless. Maybe they want you to taste the organic meat. A little more sauce might have helped it out a bit. Maybe a sauce at all . Yes they make many baked goods there. They are on display at the front counter to purchase. While waiting for our dinner that took an hour to be served we got a sample of a sweet roll to hold us over, it was good. One of the reviews said fancy , wear a t shirt and jeans you will fit into as fancy as they get. If the server asks you if you want the garlic fries,the garlic is marinated in white wine, be warned that they cost extra and doesn't come with the 12 dollar burger. 2 burgers 2 garlic fries with dipping sauce and two waters 32$ I had the burger with fried Jalapeños on it. Nothing special. I seen another patron get their meal , the fresh baked bun was burnt. I was shocked she didn't send it back but she was probably so hungry from the long wait and trying to keep her children busy during the over an hour wait , she knew it would be forever to get it replaced and picked at it anyway. One of the other reviewers said they take pride in what they are doing. I would have never sent that bun out to a customer if I took pride in what I was doing.

1  Thank punkinany
passamike, Owner at YAKS on the 5, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thanks for alerting us to the slow service and burnt bunn. We will address this immediately. Your input helps us know where problems exist and hhow to fix them. We shoot for 30 minute ot less ticket times and would never serve a burnt bunn intentionally because we do care about your experience and our business. Have a great summer and hope to get a second chance with your business.

Been to YAKS on the 5? Share your experiences!