“A Welcome Silicon Valley Break!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunsmuir
Cave Springs Resort
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dunsmuir
Reviewed 24 March 2007

Warm, down-to-earth owners and workers. Comfortable and pleasant surroundings. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LittleMilton
There are newer reviews for Cave Springs Resort

Reviewed 6 March 2007

Been staying here in the winter since 1997. We like their house trailers, 2 bedroom, 2 bath with complete kitchen and room for kids/teens in the living room. Next to great city park with hiking trails along the Sacramento River. Usually snow free in the winter and the ski park is an easy drive. Watch out for the hot tub, it is really hot, ummmmm after a day of skiing. Don''t stay here if you don't like the sound of trains passing in the night, but we love it and the owner, Lewy Dewey, yes that really is his name.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank Bamster
Reviewed 27 July 2006

I married into a family that has been vacationing here for decades. The owners treat you more like family than guests and are very gracious. They are always on the premises and provide service, conversation, and tips on local eateries and activities. It is not fancy, by any means, but provides a perfect environment for rest, relaxation, and amazing scenery!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank foodtrekker34
Reviewed 4 July 2006

Cave Springs resort is more of a campground with a few nice private houses. I live locally and I stayed in the Lookout for one night, which is their best house. We wanted a quick getaway with a hot tub, and that combo is hard to find around here.

I was not thrilled at how "rustic" the grounds are, I knew I wasn't headed to the Ritz but still, some of the cabins looked pretty run down. The woman who checked us in was very nice and I am sure she would be happy to help with local info.

I walked into the Lookout not sure what I'd find, but I was pleased to find the Lookout house clean and nice. I was happy right away, and I am not easy to please.

It was immaculate, the kitchen was stocked with basic utensils, dinnerware, pots, etc. The size was good, with an additional small upstairs loft with a futon and a twin bed. No bugs or anything creepy, it was nice and bright with a nice view of the mountain.

The hot tub was good but took a while to heat up. It was private, but guests can walk around either side of the house to look at the Sacramento river below and see you in the hot tub - YUCK. It was fine, we had no suprise visitors.

The price was outstanding - $160 for a weekday night. I've paid $400 for worse.

We had fun and the owners were very nice. The Lookout would be a great deal for parties of 4-5 because there is also a downstairs bedroom. I don't know about the inside of the cabins, but I would assume they are a perfect inexpensive place to stay if you are hoping to save money and want something safe near all the great recreational activities in this area. There is also a market right up the street that has a deli.

Oh, the train. Yep, it's right there. In this area, you are going to hear trains coming through - Dunsmuir, Mount Shasta, etc. it's unavoidable. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper!

I would stay here again for a quick getaway. The price really is outstanding for a place with a private hot tub.

Oh, one last thing - there is a large painting that is just the worst in the living room - it is some type of abstract sexual "scene", I don't think most children would get it - but it's just wrong and if that type of thing bothers you, well, it's not that abstract...I would have preferred a nice Monet print!!!

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank californialady12001
Reviewed 26 August 2005

The Cave Springs Resort, a funky old hodgepodge of cabins, motels and parked trailers, is a great spot to stop off I-5 with the kids. The sounds of the Sacramento River and the nighttime trains nearly drown out the freeway, and there's a pool, hot tub, and old-style camp fun (horseshoes, basketball, a slide). There's a short path down to a beatiful city park/playground/fishing area, and a gourmet market next door. Yeah, the cabins are rundown, and the trailers aren't exactly attractive, but it's a nice change from homogenous motels, and the kids loved it.

5  Thank hankstamper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunsmuir
Oak Tree Inn Dunsmuir
#5 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Cedar Lodge Motel
Cedar Lodge Motel
#2 of 6 in Dunsmuir

Been to Cave Springs Resort? Share your experiences!