“Should show higher in the rankings of where to stay in Dunsmuir”
Review of Dunsmuir Lodge

Dunsmuir Lodge
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dunsmuir
Reviewed 23 June 2014

48 of its 65 reviews give this lodge a rating of "very good" or excellent. And yet the #2 hotel on TripAdvisor has only 42 reviews total and 7 of them are less than "very good". I've stayed at the Dunsmuir Lodge multiple times on trips up and down I-5 over the last 10 years. I've always found the staff friendly and the rooms clean, comfortable, and attractively furnished with charming log beds. It is well off the road with no noise from I-5. They have a very friendly pet policy and a lovely outdoor space with picnic tables for enjoying the views of the tree-covered mountains. And after hours of sitting in the car, I appreciate that the location offers the opportunity to walk back and forth to the Cornerstone for breakfast (which also accommodates pets). One day I hope the owners are able to remodel the rooms to take advantage of the views out the back to the gorgeous open space.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tracy H
Dunsmuir L, Owner at Dunsmuir Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful praise!It's customers like yourself that make this job worth every minute! We think we are the best in town- but hey, we are biased... We are always trying to give the best possible service and help people have the best possible stay, whether overnight or on vacation! --Eric

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a night here after a busy day. The proprietor was friendly and knowledgable, the room was clean, and the beds were firm. Best of all, we opened the windows and it was quiet outside.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kitty4805
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This place is clean, convenient to town and freeway. But it is rundown, rooms are cold, owner isn't particularly friendly. I'm betting it is on par with everything in town, if not better. It is pet friendly, which is a plus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank phaniefield
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I thought the Dunsmuir lodge was great. It had a cute, homey feel to it. We checked out a couple of the other hotels in Dunsmuir & The Dunsmuir lodge was definitely the best option with the best rates. The log bed was huge but very comfy. Everything else was pretty standard. The room came with a coffee pot which is always a necessity for me....it was nice to fix a cup of coffee & go outside & enjoy the beautiful scenery. The owner was a nice guy. He told us a bit of the town's history & recommended a couple places to try around town. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I would like to share with people my experience while I stayed at this Lodge, I lost my diamond ring, the last night we're staying there and didn't realize it until we had left the next day.
I called the owners Sylvia and Mike Robinson, and after several attempts to look for it, they found the ring, but they went through a lot of trouble moving the bed and other furniture around and out of the ways to look thoroughly for the ring.
I don't think any other Hotel or Motel would bother and go to the extent they did to locate it. It was stuck somewhere not easy to see or reach.
I am forever grateful for their caring spirit and highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very quaint in a very cool town. Old, but functional. Bed was on a log platform that would be difficult to climb into if your were under 5'8". Dunsmuir is a very cool town. Price was fair. I'm out of things to say but i need 200 characters.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked a room here based on previous reviews. The owner had to be called for check in and said maybe three words. Was not friendly. The room was small and walls thin. No hair dryer, dingy linens and not worth the price.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank weno
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunsmuir
Oak Tree Inn Dunsmuir
#1 of 3 in McCloud
Cedar Lodge Motel
Cedar Lodge Motel
#2 of 6 in Dunsmuir

Been to Dunsmuir Lodge? Share your experiences!