“Stayed there this last waeek”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cedar Lodge Motel

Cedar Lodge Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dunsmuir
San Jose, California
“Stayed there this last waeek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at cedar lodge motel this last 5 days and it is great place to stay Nice and quiet and clean. The rooms are clean and they work very hard to keep the rooms clean and to make the customer happy and comfortable. I would recommend this place to everyone that wants to come up and spend a few days.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank shasta2010_2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have stayed at this place for the past 3 years. The first year I stayed here, I met the owners who said that they had taken over the place once again. The owners are very nice people. I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms. The rooms are very clean and well kept. I love the parking, because you can park right in front of the room. I've taken my portable bbq every year and have been able to cook there. There is also a small refrig, microwave, coffee in the room. I've brought my jet ski up there and feel safe leaving it there unattended.
I will continue to stay there every year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank charavila
Montara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Cedar Lodge in Dunsmuir, CA is a great place to get a room without spending a lot of money. If you are looking for a good value while you spend your time enjoying the outdoors of the Mt. Shasta area, look no further. The rooms are clean, with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee pots with coffee, cable tv and ours were provided with new towels every day. We were allowed to have our dogs for an additional $5 each a night. I have no complaints and will definitely be staying here again. Easy access to many outdoor areas popular to the outdoorsman and families and the town of Dunsmuir. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank barbwired2
sacramento, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I have been visiting Dunsmuir for over 30 years now as this is his hometown. We usually come up 4-5x a year and until a few years ago we stayed at the Cedar Lodge Hotel. We noticed a few years ago this place had fallen into to disrepair. The last time we were there has been at least 2-3 years ago and then it was dreadful. We stayed one night and moved.
We found out recently the original owners from 1985-2000 were back in charge and we were thrilled!

Mike and Sylvia have spent a bunch of money and a lot of sweat equity bringing back the comfort and charm of their lodge. We stayed there June 1-2 and were so pleased with all the improvements. The aviary is back and full of beautiful birds. They have expanded the bbq and lounging area, the rooms are spotless with new furniture and beds and the bathrooms are freshened and inviting. They have rooms with kitchens, living areas and separate bedrooms, as well as private patios for larger parties or longer stays and each regular room has a fridge, microwave and new A/C. If you need anything, all you have to do is ask and they will accommodate you. The rooms are reasonably priced and they welcome dogs so we are happy.

Sylvia has a lot more she wants to do and is working hard to win back lost patrons and keep improving the premises. So far so great, I think.

We are very glad this sweet lodge is back on its game and we look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank travellingalnguy
Mike R, Owner at Cedar Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thankyou for nice review hope to see you again
Moscow Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

On a dark January evening, more than 600 road miles consumed ... a motel seems like a good idea. I chose this as a possibility from the internet the day before, knowing the outer limit of my day. It's a 1960's vintage collection of ground floor rooms grouped back in the woods. I needed a ground floor easy access room because I had to unload some cargo that wouldn't benefit from weather. My truck shared the parking area with piles of plowed snow and nobody else. I got in to town after dark when the minimalistic grocery store was about to close and the town was dormant. The room's microwave worked and there was an NBA game on the tv and the bed was good enough. No bathtub. Noisy heater. It's not a bright and shiny place but maintained well enough. The town has been carved up by Interstate 5 and looks to be perpetually waiting for a bit of summer tourism. You might like the screened aviary of semi-tropical birds that raucously greet the dawn unless you don't want the dawn greeted outside your window. In summary, I expect more for sixty-five dollars but it was quiet, safe and "local".

Room Tip: Good if you need a ground floor old style motel room where you park next to your door.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DreamingTheDreamLife
Sausalito, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

We arrived in Mount Shasta after a long trip up the Northern California coast and across to the area. I phoned a friend who had lived in Mount Shasta for ten years for his advice on where to stay. He continues to visit and always stays at Cedar Lodge in Dunsmuir. He said the owners are from England, as is my traveling partner, and very welcoming..as was the case. Mike and Sylvia tended to our every need. The room was very clean and equipped with tv, wifi, tea and coffee, a fridge and microwave, and there is an outdoor table as well. The gardens are very well tended with a large aviary for rescued birds and further outdoor seating and a BBQ area. We will definitely return to Cedar Lodge. Upon leaving we were so touched by Sylvia's graciousness that we left her a present, a first for me! So a big THANK YOU to Sylvia and Mike and we'll see you again soon (( ; x Blaise and Ian

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank blaisebarnes
petaluma, california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Pleased to report Trip Advisorites are, once again, spot-on with their reviews. The dear Cedar Lodge offers a reliable place to spend the night, or the week, in equally dear Dunsmuir. The grounds are tidy, the aviary fun to watch and it's so nice to stay in lodgings where you can breakfast, lunch or dine outdoors if you wish, even barbecue. Owners were friendly and pleasant. Our room was clean, our bed comfortable and our shower satisfactory. All the windows open, and the place is well-lit. And don't forget to drink lots of water: Dunsmuir really does have the best water on earth. We will return.

Our only negative: We would have liked more than one pillow each and an extra blanket or quilt. Probably these were available if we'd asked.

Cafe Maddelena is always a quality dinner spot, but we were pleased to discover the Dogwood Diner as well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goodegg2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunsmuir
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tree House
#4 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Swiss Holiday Lodge
Swiss Holiday Lodge
#5 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Cedar Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!