“Great Room at an Awesome Price!”

Travelodge El Cajon
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
“Great Room at an Awesome Price!”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Before I begin, I admit that I have stayed at this Travelodge a few times before. Yes, there used be problems, as described in previous reviews. But I have to say,the current owners have dedicated
themselves to completely changing and improving this property. The New, Clean and Renovated Rooms are Great! And at the good nightly rates (compared to other hotels in the area), I was pleasantly surprised. The Newly done Rooms have Fresh Paint, Brand New Carpet. Upper & Lower Crown Molding, Brand New Beds! (I know it was Brand New cuz the Furniture company just installed it as I was checking in), Marble Window sills..etc... From the way I remember the Rooms at this Hotel... It was like Night & Day... I am impressed (and that's not easy to do!).
They have also Renovated the Parking Lot Hardtop, it looks much better. The Swimming Pool (which, at my previous stays frightened me, it was dirty) is now Crystal Clear. I think I am most impressed by the Service. They were Nice, Happy, Professional people.... I can tell the Owner (who lives on site) is now dedicated to Improving and Renovating the Property. I also noticed they will not Tolerate Druggies and Homeless to Loiter. Fact: It's not a Hilton.. But this place has done a Big 180 degree Turn. They are still Improving. I Really like what I see. The Rates are still Great... I will Definately Stay here Again.. And for the First Time, I would Recommend to a Friend... Good Job El Cajon Travelodge!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The clientel they let stay here is scarey to say the least. The place is old and run down. The rooms are clean and decent. I was not happy with the noise andtraffic at the property.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Horribile Hotel Room!!!! Parking was horrible, didn't even have any spaces available in the lot, we had to park across the street. When we told owner/manager we wanted a refund he said no and gave us attitude. Once we get into the room it was tiny, and looked dirty! The bathroom is a tiny hole in the wall, we were even grossed out to take a shower there! We did not even sit on toilet, was old and stained! The air conditioner didn't even cool the room! After getting about 2 hours of sleep because I felt so uncomfortable there, i finally wake up to the noise of water running through the pipes and the neighbors talking....the walls are very thin as well! I don't think I'll ever stay at a Travelodge again after staying at this location!!!! Now I'm paranoid of having bed bugs after reading all these reviews! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME STAYING HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I just recently stayed here couple of days ago for the night and I reserved the room through Hotwire and paid $56 for the night. We checked- in at night & their front desk to check- in was outside. Can you say Ghetto!? They had scary druggies just chilling outside their hotel rooms. I asked for a double bed but he said he would need to charge me $10 more, so I just stayed with a king. When we got to our room, it smelled like mold, the lock of the door was broken (someone must've broke in before). The walls isn't even pleasible to look at because there was holes everywhere. Bathroom windows had a little crack. Let's just say it looked like I was in that movie Vacancy. I didn't felt safe at all. The next morning, me and my husband had several bug bites so the bed do have bed bugs. If your allergic, then stay away. Based on my overall experience, I wouldn't stay here again. And $56 is way over priced for this nasty hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Lakeside
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I have stayed there 2 times, not my favorite place to stay, but it is cheap, clean and the family who manage this complex is very nice. Both times I stayed in the same room. It was a good size room with micro and refrigerator. The problem with this hotel is that everything is very aged, including the sheets (which looked clean, but discolored).. The parking lot is very small and difficult to find parking late at night.
I have Cricket mobile service and at this hotel and also the Travel Lodge in Barstow I lost service when inside the room, but worked ok out of the room.
It would be nice if this hotel could be upgraded and nicer because I would gladly pay more for nicer. This is a very low budget hotel ran by a very nice family

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before check-in
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My company has a lodging company that books us rooms and this has to be the worst hotel in san diego. The front desk was lost in the sauce. The bathroom is a tiny lil square and they have two beds in a small room so you have to squueze pat your bed to get into the restroom. The breakfast is a joke. And i could go on forever but the last thing i will say is its only worth it if you have no other choice otherwise dont stay here for the price alone

• Stayed December 2010
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights after booking on the internet.........less than $50 a night for a room sounded ok for us who were on a budget.

Checked in and it was clear the place was run by an Asian family as there were aromatic smells coming from behind the reception. The reception girl was friendly enough and gave us our room key.

We took our luggage and went in the room which over looked the car park on the 1st floor. The room looked clean and the bathroom was not too shabby.

However on closer inspection the sheets were a bit tatty and the room could of definatley done with a lick of paint. Breakfast was included and consisted of what seemed 1yr old Frosties as they were black. The fresh croissants however were very nice along with the OJ.

The location was not perfect because we were visiting San Diego on a budget.....but we had a car and an 15 mile drive was accepted. The area however was very run down and I locked my door as soon as I got in the room. There seemed to be a lively group of youngsters who lived in different rooms. They just hung about all night....all morning...they never seemed to work. We were very cautious to the fact the rooms did not have the best security.

We did not use the pool but saw it and it looked like it had not been cleaned out for a while.

Overall....its cheap......I lost my faith with the brand Travelodge until I tried the one in Palm Springs which was completely the opposite.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple