“The best place for real Italian food”

Bongiovanni's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 317 Restaurants in El Cajon
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have been going to this restaurant since spring of 1982. It is great for couples or families. When our boysboys and their families come to visit, they always want to go to Bongiovanni's. It is not expensive. They have a large variety of items on the menu. Mr. & Mrs. B opened it originally. Mr. B died a couple years ago. He and his wife werewere always so friendly. There sons run the restaurant now and high quality of the food and service is still the same.

There are newer reviews for Bongiovanni's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I went to Bongiovanni's tonight for dinner. My husband ordered lasagna, my daughter ordered caneloni, and I ordered spaghetti. We all agreed that there was something missing from the sauce. Maybe seasoning? My spaghetti was swimming in water so much that the sauce was more like soup. We asked for some crushed garlic to add to our food, but it didn't help. When we told the waitress, she apologized and removed the caneloni and spaghetti off of the ticket. We most likely will not return to that restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Loved the lasagna. Did not like the pickled vegetables in the salad, my hubby loved the salad. personal preference here. Ambience very nice. Service was great.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stopped here while passing through at lunch time on a Sunday. We had a hard time deciding on something from the menu - everyone wanted something different...when waitress came she suggested the "family special". It included a salad, bread, pasta and a one topping pizza. It was perfect, everyone got something they wanted! The pizza was amazing!! Homemade and delicious!
Doesn't look like much from outside or even when you first walk in, but the food was great and well worth the short venture off I-8. Definitely recommend if you enjoy a really good pizza!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I was in the area for several months. Bongiovanni's was a great place to go for a meal. Very friendly staff and good food.