Relax Inn and Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$172
Priceline
US$70
Courtesy Inn(El Cajon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssan diegostay there againright next doorfreewaymicrowavetrolleyfootstepsinternetbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in one of the second floor rooms. Old furniture. Cracked tiles in the bathroom. Lumpy pillows and old linen. Old TV. Very slow wi-fi. Road noise from the freeway. I am glad that we stayed for only one night. There are other places. Stay away from this one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The room that was given me was on the second floor. Even being next to the freeway, except for the A/C noise it was very quiet. The room had been just refurbished, new paint, carpet and bathroom. I stayed for 3 nights and look forward to coming back next September.

The only negative was the lack of water pressure in the shower, plenty of hot water but very low pressure.

Room Tip: Two story motel, so 2nd floor is always quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2013

upon checking, we where allowed to check inn early by Jay, a very nice employee. We were glad to have everything close to us. This is a very nice property in San Diego county. Our room given to us by Jay was very nice. We stayed at this hotel during our vacation and it was a great stay. We really liked the fact of waking up every morning to a free continental breakfast they offer. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. I will definitely stay here again when in San Diego again with my family.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Three words to describe this place: Grungy, Skanky, Yuck.
I stayed here because it had good reviews on TripAdvisor. How it got those good reviews - I have no idea. When I checked in the first night at 1:30 AM I was surprised to discover a grungy, smelly, skanky, worn out old room, shower didn't work, toilet got plugged with normal use. Room did not even meet tolerable standards.
In the morning talked to front desk person (nice lady) and she gave me a better room for second and third nights. Things worked fine in second room (except for two of the lights) and it was less grungy and skanky, but not what I would call pleasant. I would sum up the second room as meeting bare minimum standards. At least there were no bedbugs.
Continental breakfast? Ha! It consisted of one tiny box of cereal, with a sign posted that each guest can take only one.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sfoadvisor
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Upon checking-in, we were greeted by David, A very friendly and helpful front desk clerk who helped us throughout our entire stay. The hotel was very nice and quiet and very nice and clean rooms. I really liked the fact that it is next to Denny's, which is my favorite breakfast restaurant. The hotel is conveniently located to all local attractions and casinos. We also enjoyed the swimming pool the hotel had during our stay. The hotel also had washer and dryer facilities which made it easy for us during our stay. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends who are looking to going to San Diego on a trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Relax Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for posting your great experience at our hotel. It is always our priority to provide our guests with the best service, rooms, and amenities. We thank you for recommending our hotel to any and all family and friends visiting the area, it is greatly appreciated.