“Convenient Location”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Phoenix, Arizona
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited family in San Diego and this hotel is next door to Denny's and to the trolley station. The room has amenities such as fridge and microwave, making it very easy to stay for the week. The toilet handle broke around Christmas but a maid was able to fix it. The price is very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
GuestRelationsDept, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate the time you took to write such a simple, wonderful review that pretty much explains our hotel.

Along with providing great customer service, we are in a really convenient location for most travelers so it’s easy to provide hassle free travels. Being next to the trolley station and many restaurants means you don’t have to travel far to enjoy your stay or, you can pretty much go anywhere in San Diego.

Thank you also for mentioning our affordable rates. We are a small family owned business who tried to provide our guests with the easiest and most affordable stay possible.

Public Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I say it's a great location because it's right off the freeway, next to the El Cajon Transit center and not only that but it always has Denny's, Sombreros and 7/11 as neighbors. Also, the staff is very friendly and great with customer service. When I got there the manager worked with my budget and gave me a great price. As well with the front desk clerk, she was very friendly and helpful with giving me directions. Over all I would say that Relax Inn is by far the best motel I stayed in El Cajon.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this review we really appreciate it when our guests take the time to comment on their stay.

I would really like to thank you for mentioning our great staff. They really work hard and excellent customer service is a standard at all of our hotels.

We are really close to many 24 hour restaurants and attractions. We find that a lot of our guests comment on how convenient our location is.

Again, I wish to thank you for taking the time to write this review and I can’t express my gratitude enough for your wonderful comments.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great place, Great price, Clean Room, Great Service, next to a Denny's Restaurant very convenient. I even forgot my night light and they mailed it to my home address for free. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Someone97
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this review, we really appreciate it because we enjoy knowing we are moving in the right direction as a customer service provider.

Thank you so much for commenting on our very affordable prices and about how wonderful our staff is. We think we have the best housekeeping, staff and manager around.

We are so glad we were able to retrieve and mail your light to you and so glad to know that you received it in good condition.

We look forward to your next visit with us and again, thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review.

Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed for business for 2+ months. Staff was always polite. The room was always kept clean. The location is excellent and for being right next to the 8, there wasn't too much noise. The curtains almost black out the room if you want complete darkness to sleep. You can look over your car from any room in the hotel so you know your car is safe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jarred B
Dear Valued Guest,

We wish to thank you for your amazing comments and would like you to know we appreciate the time you took to write this review.

We are so glad to hear that you have nothing to say except positive remarks after staying with us for over 2 months. We often have business guests like you who say our hotel is very convenient for their business needs as we are right next to major transportation systems in San Diego and many great restaurants.

We thank you for staying with us so long and we hope we will see you again on your next business trip or even maybe a personal one.

Panama City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I usually stay at other properties in el cajon every time I come from AZ but they were sold out so I thought I would try #3 on list but bad choice.
My room had bedbugs I had bedbug bites and I went to office and clerk was rude. Told me I can not change my room all I can do is check out or he will call police on me for trespassing.

Need to have room remodeled and location was not so good either. I would recommend to stay away unless no other choice or love bedbugs.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Mat21341
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, I wish to thank you for taking the time to write this review as we appreciate every opportunity we get to grow as a hotel and customer service provider.

If I may, I would like to address some of your issues and concerns with your stay. We have a pest control service that we use as a preventative service. They come twice a month to spray every single room at our hotel to ensure that there are not any undesirable insects. This service will also report any activity, if any, to the front desk. I would like to be clear when I inform you that there were no reports from previous guests, or from the pest control service, about bedbugs being in the room before your stay.

Nonetheless, my staff is trained for situations like this and I remember when you came down to the front desk. We did not tell you we you could not move to another room, we informed you that the only other room we had available was a smoking room and that we would attempt to get you into another room as soon as one was available. You said No. We then asked you if you would like our pest control service to come and spray the room so you could have some piece of mind, you said No. I am not sure what other options were available?

I hope you reconsider and try us out again on your next visit to San Diego, and I wish to thank you again for writing your review.

Regards,

Travellers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are bigger then most hotels they come with cable a huge bed a nice size bathroom microwave and refrigerator,there staff are all ways nice and help you out whenever you need it,they have a swimming pool and great location by dennys,Mexican food,gas stations,and the trolley.overall this hotel is great I wouldn't chose another one.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank david m
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such wonderful remarks about our hotel.

Thank you for mentioning how wonderful our rooms are. They have so many great amenities like in room refrigerators, microwaves and safes. Thank you for also mentioning our pool. I find that we receive so many comments from families with children who love using our pool year round.

And finally, thank you for also mentioning our great location. We are so close to many convenient transportation ways for San Diego and so many great restaurants that its really easy to have a simple stay.

Santee, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great place always relaxed never had any problems great service pleased on all my stays their comfortable rooms fresh towels and bending very friendly workers behind the front desk behind counter.close to all the casino and stores

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I find that I am seeing so many repeating comments about what people really enjoy about our hotel.
The cleanliness and size of our rooms is one, and our great location to travel through San Diego is another. We too value these items that our hotel provides and wish to thank you for commenting on them.

It’s so nice to see you every week. I am glad that my staff is always so nice. Excellent customer service is standard at all of our hotels.

Again, thank you for your words. We look forward to seeing you again next week!