Sycuan Golf Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$77
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Courtesy Inn(El Cajon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoak glendriving rangepro shopnice balconysan diegoold schoolfree shuttleshort driveshared balconyplenty of counter spacenice facilitycheck in was easyroom was largetwo queen bedsby accidentflat screen tvcleaning staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2008

my husband and I had a wonderful time, we had our 14 grandchildren meet us for dinner and was a wonderful nite,food was terrific, i loved the plush beds, didn't want to get out, we loved the balcony, and the grounds were great, people were very accomadating and nice, polite, they even gave us gingerbread cookies and homemade chocolate cookies in our room. very nice.
we would definitly love to go again and would recommed it.

kandi lippert

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 26 November 2007

The hotel room was large but old. It had a musty smell. The linens were above average. TV, iron, coffee maker in room, wireless.The amenities were okay, It had a restaurant and offered room service. Parking was acceptable. The room had one very small shower, no tub. For the price it was above average for the San Diego area, however, unless you are going to play golf I would not choose this location again. The room I was in would not be suitable for a person with weight problems ( would not fit in the shower) or who could not climb stairs. I would however use Orbitz to book again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rockbaby
Reviewed 28 August 2007

We stayed for 2 nights, and this resort definitely met our expectations. We were travelling with 2 teenagers, and found the room very spacious, tastefully decorated and very clean and modern. The golf course was great, and the scenery breathtaking. It was worth the extra 20 minute drive to San Diego for the peace and quiet and the better value. We only wish we had been able to stay a little longer. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. If we travel to the San Diego area again, we would definitely stay at the Sycuan Resort again.

I cannot comment on the Casino, as we did not make our way there.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2007

This is an upscale,quiet golf resort. The casino is located three miles from the casino, which lends to it's quiet atmosphere. The grounds are breathtaking with an overabundance of beautiful flowers, shubs, large trees and well-manicured lawns.
We spent the night in a room with two queen beds. The room was on the top floor at the end of one of the two-story buildings. The room had a large walk-in dressing room that you passed through to get to the toilet/shower room. The dressing room had an L-shaped sink/make-up vanity, two mirrors, two electric outlets. There was also a cabinet that housed a small refrigerator and coffee-maker. This was the best part of the room as I was traveling with two other women. We had no problems showering and primping without getting into each others way!
A sliding glass door that opened to a shared balcony looked out over one of the two pools and putting greens. I spent time in the morning on the balcony reading the free newspaper as the landscapers tended to the gardening on the lawns below me. Very relaxing atmosphere.
I'm not a golfer, so I didn't experience the golfing. The place was hopping with golfers as we left the resort.
Resort visitors are given several coupons for the casino. We used the Free Valet coupon at the casino and had a discounted dinner at the casino buffett. The regular price of a buffet meal would have been $50+ for the three of us, but with the coupon it cost us $33+ (great savings)! Good food choices to top it off (Italian, Chinese, Traditional American, etc).
The casino had a cheesey "disney-land" feel to it and we felt like we were arriving at Aladdin's Palace (from the kid's movie :Alladin"). The casino grounds and buildings are still under construction, but it did not distract from the fun casino experience.
All in all, it was a great experience! I would love to bring my family here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nursemaker
Reviewed 22 July 2007

My husband and I had another fabulous stay at Sycuan Resort. Our first stay was in April 2007 and we enjoyed it so much we went down for another week in July. On both occasions the cafe , housekeeping, and golf staff were very friendly and accomodating. Generous and healthy portions at the Cafe- with lots of good coffee to start off the morning. The rooms ( like the rest of the resort) was immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. The pro shop was well stocked on both occasions. There is a lovely mix of regular members, visitors, and on our last visit World Junior competitiors playing golf on the 3 courses. The courses, including the on course bathrooms, are well maintained. If you have a chance to take a lesson from Johnny Gonzales, the director of golf, go for it. He has a great knack for teaching, instills a positive attitude to learning, and best of all he has a wonderful laugh.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple