“Beds are like HEAVEN!”
Review of Sycuan Golf Resort

Sycuan Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Reviewed 24 April 2008

first off let me say i will definatly go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. we got there and check in was easy, and earlier than the 4pm checkin time. I was in California with a friend, we flew from Texas stayed one night then drove back. And im so pleased that I picked this resort to stay at. I ordered room service and it was excellent and it came in a timely manner. All of the staff was very nice, and the room was big and very nice. Very spacious bathroom area. Great view as well from the little porch like space that is outside the sliding door. OH! And the beds were like sleeping in heaven! Most comfy bed i've ever slept in, i dedfinatly slept like a baby! No complaints at all except I ordered 2 movies on the TV and the sounds would bleep in and out every once in a while, but when I brought it up at checkout the lady said that the movies were not working properly and i was not charged. Overall a GREAT experience, and i will definatly go back. (And i won money at the casino!!)

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sycuan Golf Resort

Reviewed 5 February 2008

Our stay was a gift to my husband and I from his brother. What a wonderful surprise we had when we checked in. We spent 8 days in California and stayed in hotels from San Diego to Los Angeles. This resort was bar none the best! Quiet, Relaxing, clean comfortable surroundings. We will visit again!!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2008

The Sycuan is situated less than 10 minutes from El Cajon and about 30 minutes from San Diego, CA. It is surrounded by a lovely golf course and has pool and spa ammenities. ( I took advantage of neither). The hotel room itself was recently refurbished and was very very nice. The towels were the softest ever; the bed luxurious (but very tall) there were paintings in the bathroom; table and chairs in the bedroom for extra comfort; and our room (on the first floor) opened up to the golf course with a small patio to enjoy the view. Even flowers were planted by each patio! The staff was sparce but gracious and attentive. The casino, about 3 miles away, had a nice buffet and was pleasantly enjoyable with plenty of slots and gaming tables for all. I would go back to this resort if time allows.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 23 January 2008

my husband and I had a wonderful time, we had our 14 grandchildren meet us for dinner and was a wonderful nite,food was terrific, i loved the plush beds, didn't want to get out, we loved the balcony, and the grounds were great, people were very accomadating and nice, polite, they even gave us gingerbread cookies and homemade chocolate cookies in our room. very nice.
we would definitly love to go again and would recommed it.

kandi lippert

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 26 November 2007

The hotel room was large but old. It had a musty smell. The linens were above average. TV, iron, coffee maker in room, wireless.The amenities were okay, It had a restaurant and offered room service. Parking was acceptable. The room had one very small shower, no tub. For the price it was above average for the San Diego area, however, unless you are going to play golf I would not choose this location again. The room I was in would not be suitable for a person with weight problems ( would not fit in the shower) or who could not climb stairs. I would however use Orbitz to book again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rockbaby
Reviewed 28 August 2007

We stayed for 2 nights, and this resort definitely met our expectations. We were travelling with 2 teenagers, and found the room very spacious, tastefully decorated and very clean and modern. The golf course was great, and the scenery breathtaking. It was worth the extra 20 minute drive to San Diego for the peace and quiet and the better value. We only wish we had been able to stay a little longer. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. If we travel to the San Diego area again, we would definitely stay at the Sycuan Resort again.

I cannot comment on the Casino, as we did not make our way there.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2007

This is an upscale,quiet golf resort. The casino is located three miles from the casino, which lends to it's quiet atmosphere. The grounds are breathtaking with an overabundance of beautiful flowers, shubs, large trees and well-manicured lawns.
We spent the night in a room with two queen beds. The room was on the top floor at the end of one of the two-story buildings. The room had a large walk-in dressing room that you passed through to get to the toilet/shower room. The dressing room had an L-shaped sink/make-up vanity, two mirrors, two electric outlets. There was also a cabinet that housed a small refrigerator and coffee-maker. This was the best part of the room as I was traveling with two other women. We had no problems showering and primping without getting into each others way!
A sliding glass door that opened to a shared balcony looked out over one of the two pools and putting greens. I spent time in the morning on the balcony reading the free newspaper as the landscapers tended to the gardening on the lawns below me. Very relaxing atmosphere.
I'm not a golfer, so I didn't experience the golfing. The place was hopping with golfers as we left the resort.
Resort visitors are given several coupons for the casino. We used the Free Valet coupon at the casino and had a discounted dinner at the casino buffett. The regular price of a buffet meal would have been $50+ for the three of us, but with the coupon it cost us $33+ (great savings)! Good food choices to top it off (Italian, Chinese, Traditional American, etc).
The casino had a cheesey "disney-land" feel to it and we felt like we were arriving at Aladdin's Palace (from the kid's movie :Alladin"). The casino grounds and buildings are still under construction, but it did not distract from the fun casino experience.
All in all, it was a great experience! I would love to bring my family here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
Rancho Bernardo Inn
Rancho Bernardo Inn
#30 of 278 in San Diego
Best Western Continental Inn

Been to Sycuan Golf Resort? Share your experiences!