“oasis in el cajon!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
San Luis Obispo, California
“oasis in el cajon!”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

If you need a place to stay in El Cajon, stay here! Just off the freeway, the rooms are CLEAN, and the service staff was very attentive to our needs. The property is monitored by security cameras, adding an extra layer of security for me while traveling in an unfamiliar area. The highlight of our time at this hotel was the front desk staff. The general manager went above and beyond to make our stay better, every chance he could. I will always return to this location when I am in the area!

Room Tip: King Suites have 2 rooms with big jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
California
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This Inn is conveniently located in an eastern suburb 15-20 minutes from downtown San Diego. The staff is friendly and professional. Rooms are clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect e.g. micro-wave, refrigerator, coffee pot, pool, jacuzzi, laundry Several places to wine and/or dine are minutes away; including a Denny's across the street. Ample onsite parking is free.

Room Tip: Although it is next to the freeway, I have never had a (noise) problem getting to sleep in my sever...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Murph669
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The last time we stayed here, the wireless internet did not work at all. This time it worked fine, but we had to give up our king bed room for one with two queens to have the wireless. This motel has gone down hill since it's remodel a few years ago. The neighborhood has deteriorated as well. This will be our last stay. The breakfast is very limited and tastes terrible.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank FBGTexas
Prague
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was my third stay at this hotel and it won't be my last. The front desk staff remebered me and were friendly, helpful and ready to make my stay as pleasant as possible. Rooms very comfortable. Easy access off 8 Freeway and 20 minutes from downtown San Diego.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The manager at this hotel would gladly sell you a bridge if he could. He charged outrageous rates for a broken facility. The floor was wet by the morning. Even the lobby area smells old. Breakfast was frozen stale stuff. Internet did not work. Yet the manager charged much higher than better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Be sure to inspect the room before you sign the contract.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve A

Travellers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The rooms were nice wihich included a refrigerator. The air conditioner worked great. They have a breakfast that included cereal, toast, muffins and pancakes that came in a cellophane bag that you had to microwave (which I thought would turn out kind of funky) but actually weren't bad. They also have a computer in the lobby that you can use for free if you want to print out your boarding pass or check flight status; however, the day I was there they were having internet problems so I could not get connected.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed here because the hotel I usually stay at (Super 8 in La Mesa) was sold out and because the reviews were not half bad. I rated this a poor only because of the price of $100 a night. If this was a $60 a night hotel I would of rated it an average. This hotel is a borderline 2 star but closer to a 1 /1/2. The Super 8 in La Mesa is a 2 star which feels like a 3. (see prior review of that hotel)
First the Good - The people who work here are very friendly and I almost feel bad for rating this so poorly because of that. From the check in to the service at the breakfast they were courteous.
Now the Bad - This hotel just feels unclean. From the worn out rugs to the moldings in the rooms, to around the sink and tub areas it just feels like its not very clean. They really need to update everything. The furniture is old and out dated. The TV is an old tube version and the internet service is poor if you can hook up at all.
Now the UGLY - When I got onto my room I could smell stain and when I went to use the desk I could see why. It appeared that they just stained and lacquered the furniture. It was unusable for the 3 days as it was still tacky. I would of asked for a new room but I was already ready for bed when I noticed it was still wet. I travel a lot and I have never encountered anything this before. This was very unprofessional.
Needless to say I won't be staying here again. Its a shame as I I travel to this area a lot as my son lives in San Diego, but it just isn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
#2 of 14 in El Cajon
Ayres Lodge Alpine
Ayres Lodge Alpine
#1 of 2 in Alpine

Been to Best Western Continental Inn? Share your experiences!