“good hotel in the area”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Alta Loma, California
“good hotel in the area”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed on this hotel since it is close to where we attended a weekend event. I have a mix review of this hotel. I would put a 3 points on the building and 5 points on costumer service/staff based on my experience with them. There is not much selection of hotel in El Cajon area and this is better than hotel in this town. We stayed in Relax in and Suites (few miles from this hotel)the same month last year and I would recommend This hotel over that one even though it has a higher placed over this one on trip advisor reviews.

The hotel is old and needs updating. There are two buildings, one is the 2 floor facing away from the freeway where the lobby/breakfast is located and one building is a 3 story facing the freeway. Parking is in between the 2 buildings. Our room ( 2 queen bed) is on the third floor facing the freeway (we are leveled w/ the freeway) and freeway noise is loud at night time even when the loud AC is on. Our friends whose room is on the first floor were not bothered by the freeway noise. Our room has a musty/old room smell when we first walk-in so we have to open the door and run the AC in full blast. The AC was too loud as the other reviewers wrote. Bed/linens are basic and mattress is stiff. Bathroom is OK with one sink but water pressure/flow is good.

I grade 5 points on costumer service/staff since i was able to get an item which i forgot at the hotel. I forgot my clarisonic facial brush (worth $150) which i informed them 2 days after we checked out. I called them and the guy stated that he will check it with the cleaner and lost and found dept/person. He got my name and number but did not call back, so i called again the next day and a lady answered the phone and stated that she will call back. She called back after about couple hours saying that they have my item. The do not mail items out which i understand since it's not their fault and it is not a 4 or 5 star hotel. I have to call fed ex to pick it up for me. Fed ex was quick and i received my brush within 1 day.

Room Tip: For less freeway noise, choose a room on the first floor on the 3 story building. Ask the breakfast...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Nice price, simple and common accomodations. Freeway access is a major plus as is location to shopping center. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. If I had a reason to come to El Cajon (and as a Jimmie Johnson / Team 48 Fan I would) I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Apple Valley, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I am a repeat guest at this hotel.
My wife and I took advantage of the July 4th weekend to spend a couple of days in the San Diego area.

Got to see some great fireworks and we both won some spending cash at both of Sycuan and Borona Casinos. Both casinos are just minutes from this hotel.
Love the poker at Sycuan as well

As usual - great price, friendly staff, and decent room.
I will continue to be a customer of this hotel.

Mike L.

Room Tip: Best value in the area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Apple Valley
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was recently in the El Cajon area to participate in a Poker Tournament- I needed a local hotel that would not break the pocketbook.
I booked at Best Western Continental Inn base upon valued and location.
Great decision on my part.
The price was a bargin - and it provided a great place to stay.
Good location, clean rooms, and very friendly and helpful staff.
Comfortable Beds - and a decent breakfast is included.
I will must certainly be a repeat customer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This Best Western is right off I-8 freeway. The room amenities were dated, but the room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I put the wall AC unit fan on and could not hear the traffic - slept well. The rooms open to the outside - not my favorite when traveling alone. The area around the hotel of just OK; gas station very near the front entrance of hotel. The continental breakfast was good. The staff at the front desk and breakfast area was very nice. The Denny's across the street was easy to walk to and food was great. i would stat again for one night or if i was with a traveling companion.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Athens, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Admittedly, my husband and I went to this place because we found a bargain on the internet. We should have kept right on going and not stopped. There was a used hypodermic needle in the parking lot, as well as a lady sitting on the grass who had consumed a large bottle of alcohol. The latch was broken on the door, so we felt the need to put heavy furniture in front of it for some added measure of safety. The bed was very uncomfortable. Walls were thin, and we could hear the conversation in the room beside ours. I would not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Connie P

Travellers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I frequent this Best Western often, for a number of reasons -- the helpfulness of the staff, the pleasantness of the personnel, the cleanliness of the room, the comfort of the beds, a very nice pool and jacuzzi area (possibly the nicest, definitely the warmest, jacuzzi I have had the pleasure of enjoying, and so much more. The prices are very reasonable for the quality that you receive, and, I sincerely am looking forward to My next visit, which will be soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Best Western Seven Seas
Best Western Seven Seas
#144 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Best Western Continental Inn? Share your experiences!