“surprisingly great!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
santee
“surprisingly great!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

we had a wonderful time staying at this hotel. Rooms were very clean, breakfast was great and they even had waffles! We were there for the comic con, and even though it was crowded we had a pleasant time. our rate was way cheaper than what a hotel in San Diego quoted us! we were very pleased with the service, and all the staff deserves a big thank you!

Room Tip: second floor rooms have a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saratoga Springs, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The shower was terrible, sometimes hot and sometimes cold. I had to fight with the shower. The room's odor was funny and the carpet is not washed for several years. The breakfast is poor and if you want a sausage you have the right to "order two".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent Management. This place has a variety of room and suite styles and almost always has availability. I spend a number of months in SD every year, mostly at this location. Close to everything!

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Overall NO complaints - room was clean, staff was helpful, pool was nice-would definatly stay here again. Great location for where i needed to be-Denny's right across the street & gas station on corner.

Apple Valley, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was a decent place to stay the night or even a few nights. Was definitely better than the night before! The room was large enough to accomodate two adults and two children with no problem. Was great to have an in-room microwave and fridge--really came in handy. At least had an update TV and didn't smell old. If I had to complain about something it would have to be about the window coverings. I think they could use a little updating to make sure all outside light stayed outside--kind of annoying to see the red light shining through all nite. But other than that conveniently located right off the freeway, pool area was clean. Also the since the breakfast was continental it was okay--the boys had a couple complaints but I enjoyed it--had to make a meal but I survived. The eating area was almost a little too small for everyone to eat in since you were not allowed to carry anything out. But we managed. I could have gone over a little earlier to avoid the crowd.

Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed on this hotel since it is close to where we attended a weekend event. I have a mix review of this hotel. I would put a 3 points on the building and 5 points on costumer service/staff based on my experience with them. There is not much selection of hotel in El Cajon area and this is better than hotel in this town. We stayed in Relax in and Suites (few miles from this hotel)the same month last year and I would recommend This hotel over that one even though it has a higher placed over this one on trip advisor reviews.

The hotel is old and needs updating. There are two buildings, one is the 2 floor facing away from the freeway where the lobby/breakfast is located and one building is a 3 story facing the freeway. Parking is in between the 2 buildings. Our room ( 2 queen bed) is on the third floor facing the freeway (we are leveled w/ the freeway) and freeway noise is loud at night time even when the loud AC is on. Our friends whose room is on the first floor were not bothered by the freeway noise. Our room has a musty/old room smell when we first walk-in so we have to open the door and run the AC in full blast. The AC was too loud as the other reviewers wrote. Bed/linens are basic and mattress is stiff. Bathroom is OK with one sink but water pressure/flow is good.

I grade 5 points on costumer service/staff since i was able to get an item which i forgot at the hotel. I forgot my clarisonic facial brush (worth $150) which i informed them 2 days after we checked out. I called them and the guy stated that he will check it with the cleaner and lost and found dept/person. He got my name and number but did not call back, so i called again the next day and a lady answered the phone and stated that she will call back. She called back after about couple hours saying that they have my item. The do not mail items out which i understand since it's not their fault and it is not a 4 or 5 star hotel. I have to call fed ex to pick it up for me. Fed ex was quick and i received my brush within 1 day.

Room Tip: For less freeway noise, choose a room on the first floor on the 3 story building. Ask the breakfast...
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Nice price, simple and common accomodations. Freeway access is a major plus as is location to shopping center. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. If I had a reason to come to El Cajon (and as a Jimmie Johnson / Team 48 Fan I would) I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Cajon
Best Western Courtesy Inn
#3 of 15 in El Cajon
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Best Western Seven Seas
Best Western Seven Seas
#140 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Best Western Continental Inn? Share your experiences!