Best Western Continental Inn
US$71
Priceline
US$70
Travelocity
All reviewsfuture tripsrooms are nicewestern hotelshome away from homepool and hot tubeasy accessgreat customer servicecerealcableiron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A great deal in the San Diego area. Close to beaches, attractions and Casinos. Affordable prices. Close to the freeway but rooms are quiet. Older establishment but well kept. Friendly and professional staff. Recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Have stayed here several times, and Love the EXCELLENT, helpful, attentive staff! They go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Firm beds, nice linens, CLEAN rooms and bathrooms. Convenient location, easy freeway access. Unbeatable value!

Room Tip: Have stayed on both sides of the property. Both are comfortable and quiet. Gas and food are very handy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Good price, convenient location for my purpose. Room was generally clean, but used soap was left in the shower when I checked in (gross!!) and there was used tissues/paper towels in the drawers of the nightstand (equally gross!!). I stayed several nights, but they forgot to authorize my room key for additional nights, so I had to keep going back to my room to get the key re-authorized - very frustrating - especially when it was very late, I was really tired and all I wanted was to get to my room and crash. Not the usual quality that I've come to expect from Best Western, but not completely horrible either. The bed was super comfy and the water pressue and water temperature were great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Things with this hotel started out ok. Checked in on time and went to the room to turn on the AC to cool down the room due to it being a hot weekend. Went back to the room at 9pm that night and the door wouldn't open (luckily we hadn't put our stuff in the room) the green light was coming on and nothing not even a budge. The front desk clerk came around and tried a master key I'm assuming and nothing. He threw his weight against the door and it still wouldn't open. He finally moved us to another room and when we walked in, it was like a sauna, you could barely breathe in the room thats how hot it was. Turned the AC on and it barely worked. We were so tired by then we just fell asleep. Wont be recommending this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sreimer07
Reviewed 11 September 2013

typical fare for a 2-star hotel. the staff was helpful enough for my tastes (meaning: they got us to our room, weren't overtly hostile and didn't bother us). the quality of the room itself was expectedly dreadful, but it wasn't dirty. not a ton of space. mediocre, loud ac unit -- not fun in the dead of summer, but alas. curiously, i was not afflicted by the seemingly ever-present flipflopping shower temp issue that many others apparently have had. the neighborhood is kinda sketchy, as others have pointed out, though i wouldn't deem it dangerous. it's located right off the interstate and is ~2 miles from the nearest mts station (public transport trolley thing), if you're into that. various restaurants and convenience stores abound in close proximity.

all in all: meh. it served my purposes. we simply needed a floor, some walls and a roof to come back to at night, and i should close this by saying i feel a bit silly criticizing it at all given how absolutely dirt cheap it was.

oh, and i almost forgot to mention... free breakfast. every morning. in my eyes that pretty much makes up for everything (and it should in yours, as well).

[disclaimer: the trip in question actually occurred in july of 2012, but i can't select a date that far back.]

Room Tip: do not put any faith into vending machines located on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends