Best Western Continental Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$149
US$104
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfuture tripsrooms are nicewestern hotelshome away from homepool and hot tubeasy accessgreat customer servicecerealcableiron
Reviewed 25 October 2009

My Dad and I checked in around 12:30am. The 1st room was on the bottom floor in the old building. I walked in & noticed 2 roaches so I walked back out and told them I wanted another room. The night attendant made it seem that it was an inconvenience but put me in another room (in the old bldg). That 2nd room smelled, not like cigarette smoke but some other type of smoke, couldn't figure it out. All was good until the following morning when I took a shower. It was nice for about a min then the water got really hot then really cold then really hot, and continued until the end of the shower. Later that day, I spoke ot the person at the desk, long story but he moved me to the bldg across the way. The room was a suite & didn't smell so I was pretty happy after that.. However, my cousins stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in La Mesa and for an extra few $, I will stay there next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2009

it is sandwiched between a gas station an hwy. Staff were OK but have nothing to do with hotel quality, more of a hostel quality staff. The rooms overlook the parking lot and there were trucks (truck drivers motel?). It was cleaned everyday but the cleaning lady were pushing the clean towels and sheets right outside where they were subject to dust, fumes, etc.
The room smelled bad, the wash basin was outside while the toilet was inside so you would need a trip to go and wash your hands. The towels were not towels, just pieces of clothes…period.
It was more expensive than another wonderful hotel in Anaheim we stayed in days later. The free breakfast was poor and not impressive at all.
the neighborhood looked one of those low areas in San Diego.
I won’t go back to it no matter what.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2009

It is a basic motel. Smells kind of funny. Weird bedspreads. Gross danish-things for the continental breakfast. You know, the usual.

Pool was small, but ok.

I used one of their meeting rooms for a business meeting. I do not recommend their meeting room at all. The phone lines didn't work for the first couple hours, which is a problem when you are trying to have a conference call. The room was set up for a speech, not for a meeting with 5 people; so I had to move lots of furniture. No coffee. No water. No apologies.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We were part pf the Lakeside Rodeo, and since it was close to Lakeside we decided to book two roms at this place. The rate we paid was very affordable and the rooms were spotless! Consider the fact that you are getting free breakfast with eggs and cereal and it will add up at the end! We stayed in a mini-suite and we loved it. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2007

I booked two rooms at this hotel since our reservations were messed up at another hotel in the area.

The Best Western guys were helpful in taking my reservation and they got me two rooms on the ground floor and next to each other without any hassle.

Disregard the comments from other people about the "imitation" Lucky charms (LOL), because we found a very complete basic breakfast (they even had eggs and cereal).

Nothing fancy, but overall the service is good.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PeterGr