“Great Staff, Clean Room...”

Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
San Diego, California
“Great Staff, Clean Room...”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Very surprised when I checked into the room the other day. For 43 bucks a nite I wasn't expecting too much. The room was spotless, good size and most of all the staff was really nice and just very helpful. Not a big fan of the neighborhood. It is right next to the 8 freeway and you get some noise but there were some shady characters lingering around. All in all though a good place for a couple nights. Again the staff is a difference maker!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My family has had to stay at this motel 6 several times. This time the GM said he couldnt rent to us again, because our last room smelled like dogs! Wait they except pets, so I guess we didnt fit their clientel. We are prostitutes, druggies, recently released from prison and we always clean up after our pets as well as other peoples pets. I am a long term customer and would never go back to any Motel 6 after this.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank JimP71

Travellers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I really enjoy staying there because of the value and the location. Everytime I go the staff is friendly and the room is fresh and clean... they got my vote!

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 December 2010

We had no towels and the room smelled like urine. One of the twin beds were lop sided. When I woke up the next morning, my back was aching. When we checked out, management refused to give me back photocopies of our driver license information. They stated that it was city policy and they will destroy our personal information after 90 days. However, I do not know if this is true. If something ever happens like identity theft, I will know where this transpired. WE WILL NEVER TRAVEL THROUGH EL CAJON CALIFORNIA AGAIN !!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I'm scratching my head at the glowing comments about this motel. I stayed here for one night in March 2010. I've stayed in plenty of Motel 6 locations and this is the worst room that I've had. The bathroom tile was pretty dirty. It looks as if this was designed to be a wheelchair accessible room (see the bathroom pictures). But that doesn't make sense because there was so little space. There was barely any space between the edge of the bed and the desk. The carpet was thin and frayed and the edge of the nightstand was missing its trim. The room was obviously tired and worn. At least it was just one night.

As for location, it's right off the freeway so it's convenient. The area seemed a bit seedy, though.

We were just passing through for the night. But if I were to stay longer, I would have spent more for a room in the hotel circle area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Motel 6, El Cajon,California
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I just wanted to say how incredible the customer service Tony Patchin, the General Manager gave me.Arriving late I was having problems with my interntet....Tony Patchin went all out to help me to make sure internet was on for me, when a extra mile to find a extra plug for me.One incredible thing I noticed was that when I went to the office, he was actually happy to help me!!!! He was NOT annoyed, he just wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. This was quite a shock compared to other places I have stayed. Give Tony Patchin a raise!! I will deffinetly be back the rooms were very clean too !!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 19 February 2010

This prpoerty is a great value. Close to all San Diego attractions. Property is well maintained, rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff (front desk, house keeping, manager) is great - friendly and helpful. Very safe and secure environment. I have stayed here several times over the last six months and don't even bother anymore checking out other lodging alternatives. No issues at all, very affordable (check out internet rates, about $40 including tax a night for two people), only a $4 increase for the weekend nights. And... very pet friendly.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple