Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Northgate Motel(El Cajon)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for Comic-con weekend. This hotel had some of the best prices in the area when booked directly through their website (even though they were inflated for the convention). The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a single queen room, which was perfect for one person. The room was bright and clean, and plenty of towels and washrags were provided. I was on the bottom floor, and will say the air conditioning unit was extremely loud, and protruding off of the wall. Every time it kicked on it woke me up, and it was hard to fall asleep because of the noise. The bed was hard and pillows flat, so I went to Wal-Mart up the street and picked up a foam comforter and a pillow for the weekend, and slept fine after that (besides a.c. noise). Besides those two negative aspects, the hotel is in a great location (close to freeways, food, shopping), and I felt safe the entire time there. They had security patrolling the property at night. I would recommend this hotel for those of you looking for a decent priced hotel in the San Diego area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarahwhitewolf
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our party of three (my 17 year old son, his friend, and myself) recently stayed at this motel for one week. We did a road tour of San Diego and found this location close enough yet within our modest budget. Hotels in San Diego are expensive. You have to go far from the city to find cheaper accomodations. This property was about 20 - 25 minutes drive from most areas of San Diego. Not bad; and much cheaper.
It is located near the freeway interchange and not the best neighborhood, but I felt comfortable here. Room cleaning is only done once a week, and towels and trash are done twice a week. This is my main gripe. Other hotels I've stayed at, even cheap, have done the room every day. However, they do provide towels whenever you ask. Soap is the only amenity provided. No shampoo or lotion. No clock radio. The sink was stained probably by someone's hair color. However, they do have a flat screen tv and window ac, and the room was newly refurbished with fresh paint and hardwood floors. The property offers a guest room with two coin washers and dryers, two vending machines, and two ice makers. There is also a swimming pool. No exercise room, but there is a nice park just down the road with outdoor exercise equipment and a bike/pedestrian trail. A big shopping mall and many eating places are nearby. An asian buffet is right across the parking lot from this motel. Mt. Helix, a beautiful scenic point, is nearby too.
Truckers sleep here and park their rig cabins here. Family groups hang out on the outdoor walkways with the doors open, sometimes till after 11 pm. However, everything was calm.
The staff were excellent. The manager, Veronica, and the front desk clerks, notably Carlos, Dalia, and Susan were very gracious and helpful. The staff made all the difference for me, along with nearby locations such as the park and mall, and eating places. Because of these, and also the price, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked directly through the motel 6 website and got cheaper rates than the different travel websites offered. The different types of rooms were listed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My two teens and I were in town for a short vacation. The location was easy to find and felt safe. The desk clerks were kind and friendly. The rooms looked as if they had just had a makeover (although the bright orange wall was VERY bright!). I liked the laminate floor and lack of carpet. The cons included no shampoo/conditioner provided (never heard of a chain that didn't provide that!), no hair dryer, and flat pillows. The room was clean and safe, which was what was most important on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for a basketball tournament at sdsu. The place we normally stay only had smoking rooms so we gave this place a try. The rooms were newly remodled with hardwood floors and flat screen TVs. The surroundings of the hotel were quiet and not unsafe feeling at all. They had a security officer walking around all the time. They were very accommodating to our basketball team of 16 players and 4 coaches. They couldn't give us rooms together but didn't hassle us about anything like other places have. The location was very close to sdsu considering we would have paid twice as much to stay a little closer.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this Motel on previous occasions and it was dull and uninspiring, possibly due to management.
Recently the motel has been refurbished and the atmosphere is relaxed, happy and harmonious under the new manager.

• Stayed: June 2014