“horrible sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2013

this place was just flat out bad, the hostess had an attitude problem like she was burdened by us being there, there sushi was just not that fresh tasting and poor selections of sushi and drinks

Reviewed 13 December 2012

This local sushi bar is always packed, which means that the sushi and other dishes are usually very fresh. The sushi chefs are no more than roll makers and they aren't any more Japanese than I am. That's the problem. Still, in a pinch, I go there and I demand that someone make me sushi.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We have been here 20 times. It is less crowded now than four years ago. The food is quite good. The atmosphere is loud. Ambiance is poor unless you like crowded small tables and lots of TVs. But there is a good sushi bar. The full meals like steak with shrimp kinda Bennihana's style is excellent. Sushi tacos are good.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Hmmm, I can't say I did not like this place, but i definitely can't say I loved it. We literally felt like were in the races of who could clear our plates the fastest. We would literally be done with our dish, or drink and someone would be right there to snatch it up or refill it. You would think that was a great thing, but it was quite obnoxious. It use to be a nice hang out I thought, when it first opened. But I felt like it was a low grade college hang out now. Just very dingy. My husband gives the sushi a 4. I had some kind of noodle dish, it was a 3. It was nothing amazing. I can't say I am dying to return.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Japanese food with a Middle Eastern vibe.

We were 4 1/2 people for dinner. The smallest person did not eat and obligingly slept through the meal.

Yay, no crab stick in the CA maki!! Nama saki, very fresh. Soft shell crab maki comes wrapped in lettuce and soybean paper. (East Coast wraps in seaweed.) Actually easier to eat West Coast style.

Usual rolls: Philly, spicy crab, tuna,spicy lobster, and shrimp tempura along with several spicy hand rolls.

Unusual for us:

1. Red hot: spicy yellow tail with jalapeno and cilantro
2. After burner: shrimp tempura avocado with spicy crab meat
3. Tabu's: spicy crab meat with eel and avocado
4. Gazuki: shrimp tempura, avocado, cream cheese, spicy salmon, jalapeno and eel sauce. (This one we did not try.)

Lunch specials start at $7 for teriyaki bowls and $9 for teraki bento boxes. Vegetarian specials: agadashi, tempura, cucumber salad, vegetable teriyaki.

Yellow tail collar $9 is an apt appetizer. Open at 11:30, pleasantly noisy, lots of free parking in the well-maintained mall, easy on and off Jamacha Road.

1  Thank Kitty228

Been to Tabu Sushi Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!