“Dated and needs updating.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Seattle, Washington
“Dated and needs updating.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Not a great hotel. I get the feeling there is a lot of penny pinching going on. The hotel is so dated and everything looks as though it is falling to pieces. We were told the lift was out of order so I guess its just as well we could manage the stairs! The room had old furniture that was falling apart and the tv didn't work properly. The breakfast was very basic and not at all inspiring. We did not see a smiling member of staff for the time we were there, miserable to say the least! The management need to put their hands in their pockets and give people a hotel worth paying for.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nic675

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

El Centro, CA is located in the middle of the desert. I was brought up in the desert and trying to keep anything clean is like riding uphill, it is very difficult, a lot of dust! Comfort Inn deals with this daily and I am very impressed with how the staff are constantly cleaning. I stay in El Centro every other month, once a week and the Comfort Inn is the only place I will stay. It is affordable, clean, and the staff are extremely helpful. The rooms are cool, in a hot environment and everyone goes out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. FREE breakfast in the morning (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.) makes the end of my stay that much better. I encourage everyone to stop here (off Highway I-8, 4th Street off ramp) and relax. GREAT place. I have stayed here 20+ times and continue to enjoy the accommodations!

Room Tip: Call ahead and let the staff know what you need, They will bend over backwards for you!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lance H
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Hotel outside appearance is very dusty and dirty. Window screens are falling off Front door not locked. All windows are not clean. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Hall way is HOT. Its the desert!! Our room was
very dusty. The bed sheets were not changed. Only ice machine in the hotel is not operating properly! Its the desert!!
We attribute the horrific condition to management neglect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank spiderman60
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed here while traveling on business in February 2012. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
-Big rooms-the suites were significantly larger than other suite's I've stayed in before
-Free Internet
-Plenty of parking

Cons:
-The service was lacking: Charged my bill to the wrong account, when I caught the mistake, the staff acted as if I'd somehow annoyed them
-Common areas aren't too clean (beer bottles in hall ways)
-Room was extremely dusty...I don't have any allergies or breathing problem, but couldn't sleep once the air conditioner started
-Over priced (based on value, I'd expect to have paid 60-70% of what I paid)

Overall, the hotel itself wasn't bad and most of the cons can be fixed with better management. I would not recommend staying here unless you have no other alternative.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Peachtree Corners, GA
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Comfort Inn in El Centro is a very comfortable hotel. The rooms were nice, beds comfortable, breakfast was much better than normally found in such places. They included eggs, bacon and sausage, which makes it easier to have something to eat (I'm gluten free, and most places only provide bread related choices). There was an exercise facility, pool, hot tub and the second building included a bar. Free wi-fi was available and a computer down by check in included a printer for printing boarding passes.
The only problem was that in the evening the smells from the large cattle feedlots drifted in and became very unpleasant. Luckily for me, my air con unit didn't pump it into the room. One of my co-workers had to change rooms because her door wouldn't lock. She ended up with a two room suite with a small kitchen.
Overall, staff were helpful, and you didn't hear the road noise.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights and chose this hotel because it is dog friendly. The girls working the desk were very nice and we were given a recently updated room on first floor so it was easy to walk our dogs. The bed was awesome .. Very comfy. I feel like some things are looking run down and not maintained in the hotel but overall our room was clean and gave us a good base to visit my husband's hometown. Breakfast was ok but nothing special .. Bacon, eggs, sausage, pastry , cereals .. Coffee and juices. We paid $89 a night which is good for this area.

• Stayed March 2013
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The hotel was nicer than I expected, as I have stayed at other Comfort Inn's and this one was better than the average Comfort Inn, although I think they are pretty darned good for the price. The rooms were nice and pretty large with a kitchette and a decent sized fridge. Our first room had a balconey that overlooked a courtyard that was nice, even if it was north of 100 outside. However, our A/C broke down in the middle of the night. I told the front desk about it as soon as we came back from hunting and they had a service person there within 5 minutes. He was unable to fix it at that time, but as soon as a room was available they changed us to another room. I have to say, they dealt with the problem very well! They also have a great breakfast spread that is included in the price and the dining area is pretty nice. My biggest complaint is that they didn't have an ice machine in our building (there are two buildings). Overall a very good place.

Room Tip: Pick the 400 to 600 rooms, much bigger and nicer.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends