“hotel stay”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Greensboro, North Carolina
“hotel stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We are expedite truck drivers and stay at hotels whenever we can. Really enjoyed this one, very friendly staff and our room was clean. We will if ever get another load out that way stay here again. A good price too

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colorado
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lodging choices in El Centro aren't that great to start with so because of location and loyalty to "Choice Hotels" we stayed one night.10/30/13 As others have stated, the place is old and definitely in need of some maintenance and updating. To say my room was not clean is an understatement. Entering the room we were greeted by a pair of men's underwear on the floor of the closet. The young lady at the front desk (who by the way was very nice) was appalled and offered apologies for the hotel. I may be reading the on duty manager wrong but he didn't seem to concerned. Later I noticed a red solo cup between the night stand and the wall. The next morning another manager or owner approached us at breakfast (which I would recommend skipping) and wanted to get the maid and have her apologize while we were eating. I didn't want to be bothered. Would not stay here again or recommend to anyone. I have stayed at the Barbara Worth Country Club before and would go a little of the main Hwy. and pay a little more if I had it to do over.This is not your typical Comfort Inn. They did deduct 10 percent off the room (whee) for the shortcomings their incompetent maid.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LLW444
Reno, NV
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The room was wonderful, the personnel couldn't have been nicer, the breakfast buffet was
good. There was a bad smell outside, but once in the hotel things were fine. Room was large
and buffet was the usual chain buffet - good and sufficient. I had a Belgian waffle and
bacon.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the front of the hotel. There is a dreadful smell outside the front door...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a half dozen times in the last 6 months and have enjoyed each of my stays. After you have been there one time, Sam Singh and his staff treat you like family! The accommodations are always very neat and clean and everything works. If for some reason something isn't quite right Sam will personally make sure that it is made right, I like that kind of service! I stay in a lot of hotels and for my money this Comfort Inn and Sam and his staff kind of set the standard for the others.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Not a great hotel. I get the feeling there is a lot of penny pinching going on. The hotel is so dated and everything looks as though it is falling to pieces. We were told the lift was out of order so I guess its just as well we could manage the stairs! The room had old furniture that was falling apart and the tv didn't work properly. The breakfast was very basic and not at all inspiring. We did not see a smiling member of staff for the time we were there, miserable to say the least! The management need to put their hands in their pockets and give people a hotel worth paying for.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nic675
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

El Centro, CA is located in the middle of the desert. I was brought up in the desert and trying to keep anything clean is like riding uphill, it is very difficult, a lot of dust! Comfort Inn deals with this daily and I am very impressed with how the staff are constantly cleaning. I stay in El Centro every other month, once a week and the Comfort Inn is the only place I will stay. It is affordable, clean, and the staff are extremely helpful. The rooms are cool, in a hot environment and everyone goes out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. FREE breakfast in the morning (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.) makes the end of my stay that much better. I encourage everyone to stop here (off Highway I-8, 4th Street off ramp) and relax. GREAT place. I have stayed here 20+ times and continue to enjoy the accommodations!

Room Tip: Call ahead and let the staff know what you need, They will bend over backwards for you!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lance H
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Hotel outside appearance is very dusty and dirty. Window screens are falling off Front door not locked. All windows are not clean. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Hall way is HOT. Its the desert!! Our room was
very dusty. The bed sheets were not changed. Only ice machine in the hotel is not operating properly! Its the desert!!
We attribute the horrific condition to management neglect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family