“Very clean place, very kind service. Strongly recommended.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Ohio
“Very clean place, very kind service. Strongly recommended.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Traveling thru from Ohio. Hotel is immediately off Interstate 8. Staff was very pleasant; room was very pleasant & had a clean smell. Air conditioning worked well. Bathroom and bathtub were especially clean. Included breakfast was unbelievable: fresh fruit, cold cereals and milk, coffee, juice, bagels & cream cheese (also a bagel toaster), hard-boiled eggs, pastries. We unknowingly showed up after breakfast was over and the staff still OFFERED TO COOK BACON AND WAFFLES FOR US; but we declined as we didn't want to put them out the effort. That was classy. There was a small fridge in the room and a small microwave. There was a small sign on the bathroom sink that offered complimentary toiletries if travelers needed something. The hotel has a pool & hot tub, although I didn't use them. I would literally drive out of my way to stay here again. I don't normally take the time to write reviews like this, but they impressed me so much that I told them I would.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Potbellied
gmca755, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you so much for your review with details . We are always ready to go extra miles to make our guest happy . We try our best to make our guest to feel at home when they are with us. Yes we do have fridge, microwave, iron with iron board , hairdryer. We also have suite rooms with Jacuzzi, and also rooms with kitchen for the guest who wish to cook their own food while they are here.
Our staff team will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments will be taken as a great reward, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon

Puspa ( Paul ) Neupane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Would come back and refer other over the road drivers to stay here if stranded or just want to relax out of their rig I also can say the helpfulness from front desk was great I also can say the accommodated my vehicle for parking and the whole staff was professional and helpful

• Stayed August 2014
It is very nice of you to take some time to write this review . We always do our best to make our guest feel at home and make their stay comfortable. Our rooms are very quite and you will always get very good rest and sleep. Thank you for your nice comments and I will let our staff team know about your experience at Comfort Inn . We lookforward welcoming you again in near future...
Puspa ( Paul ) Neupane
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while on a road trip to Yuma.

The front desk staff was wonderful, the rooms were very spacious, and the breakfast was excellent.

Despite the cleaning staff forgetting little things (like removing the previous guest's soap from the shower), the room was still extremely clean and the front desk staff were very apologetic.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean, and safe place to stay in El Centro.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
gmca755, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
First of all, I take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the hotel team for your encouraging comments and also very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us . I also apologize for the soap they forgot to change in the shower and thank you for letting us know so we can make sure this won't happen again. Our whole team is committed to give the best service to our guests and make them feel at home. Thank you for your time to write the review about "The Comfort Inn El Centro"

- GM Puspa Neupane
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We are expedite truck drivers and stay at hotels whenever we can. Really enjoyed this one, very friendly staff and our room was clean. We will if ever get another load out that way stay here again. A good price too

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Colorado
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lodging choices in El Centro aren't that great to start with so because of location and loyalty to "Choice Hotels" we stayed one night.10/30/13 As others have stated, the place is old and definitely in need of some maintenance and updating. To say my room was not clean is an understatement. Entering the room we were greeted by a pair of men's underwear on the floor of the closet. The young lady at the front desk (who by the way was very nice) was appalled and offered apologies for the hotel. I may be reading the on duty manager wrong but he didn't seem to concerned. Later I noticed a red solo cup between the night stand and the wall. The next morning another manager or owner approached us at breakfast (which I would recommend skipping) and wanted to get the maid and have her apologize while we were eating. I didn't want to be bothered. Would not stay here again or recommend to anyone. I have stayed at the Barbara Worth Country Club before and would go a little of the main Hwy. and pay a little more if I had it to do over.This is not your typical Comfort Inn. They did deduct 10 percent off the room (whee) for the shortcomings their incompetent maid.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LLW444
Reno, NV
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The room was wonderful, the personnel couldn't have been nicer, the breakfast buffet was
good. There was a bad smell outside, but once in the hotel things were fine. Room was large
and buffet was the usual chain buffet - good and sufficient. I had a Belgian waffle and
bacon.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the front of the hotel. There is a dreadful smell outside the front door...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a half dozen times in the last 6 months and have enjoyed each of my stays. After you have been there one time, Sam Singh and his staff treat you like family! The accommodations are always very neat and clean and everything works. If for some reason something isn't quite right Sam will personally make sure that it is made right, I like that kind of service! I stay in a lot of hotels and for my money this Comfort Inn and Sam and his staff kind of set the standard for the others.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business