“Good and safe place to stay North of the Border”

Holiday Inn Express El Centro
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Downey, California
“Good and safe place to stay North of the Border”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very pleasantly surprised with the service... Had some small issues with the air conditioned not functioning properly and the staff switched us to another room in a jiffy... We did not want to risk in staying south of the border in a place we did not know well for a business trip, and this was a clean and very convenient place very close to the border...ended up staying two extra days without any issues...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Alex R:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and I am even happier to hear that our staff was able to get your AC issue taken care of quickly. We hope that we'll see you again, if you're ever in our area.

Best Wishes,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

After a long drive from Palm Springs, passing abandoned cafes and empty beaches, the hotel and its staff were a refreshing respite. Clean, comfortable room; good selection for breakfast. The only drawback was a strange scrapping noise as the elevator ride to the third floor passed the second floor level

Room Tip: cumbersome remote control of t.v.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear LSJUKA:

Thank you so much for sharing your stay experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. Our staff takes a great deal of pride in their work, and it sounds as though their efforts are paying off.

I do apologize that there was an odd noise in the elevator; please know that we take any concerns of this nature very seriously, and we can assure you that this is not a common occurrence. It has been thoroughly investigated.

We are making some positive changes to our breakfast menu, and hope that you'll be back to check it out on a future stay. Thank you again for your feedback!

Warm Regards,
Barstow, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Overall for the price and cleanliness I am rating a 5. The room and bath were updated and very clean. The breakfast featured a hot options (biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs and pancakes) fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereal and a variety of breads 6-10 am. The breakfast room was clean and spacious. Also not just one HBO channel in the room but all of them- satellite TV. The service was welcoming. Well worth it. I paid 75.00 after AAA discount.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Donna R:

Wow, what a great review to read first thing on a Monday morning! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sharing your comments with the staff members, and I know that they will be as happy as I am that they were able to provide you with a great stay experience. Hopefully you will find reason to be in our area again soon!

Mogi das Cruzes, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel is very clean and confortable, and it has a good price. However, there are some things to improve. The shower is really bad, I just couldn't get a nice temperature. Either it was too cold or too hot. And it also wet all the bathroom floor. Another problem is the air conditioner, which is very old and noisy. Regarding the breakfast, it is good, but I think they can offer more fruit options, not only bananas and apples. Another idea is to identify each item on the table, because sometimes it's hard to imagine the flavor of a different bread or donnut, even if it's salty of sweet.

Green Features: I suggest the implement of a system that turns off the energy inside of the room when the card is not there.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear GuilhermeJF:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express! I am sorry that you experienced any inconveniences with your shower or air conditioner. We strive to ensure that our guests enjoy a hassle free stay, and I regret that this was not the case.

You will be pleased to know that we will be making some improvements to our breakfast offerings in the near future; it is my sincere hope that you stay with us again soon to see what we have in store.

Warmest Regards,

Imperial, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Their website is very misleading. I was not able to make my reservation yet was charged anyways. The front desk staff told me three different things as far as changing or canceling my reservation. Never relieved a call back com the manager or customer service manager.

Room Tip: Stay at the fairfield inn or towne place suites.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Foggy22
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Foggy22:

I am sorry for the inconveniences caused to you. As I had previously explained to you over the phone, the reservation you had made online had the stipulation that it was a pre-paid reservation, and that, in the case of cancellation, the first night's room and tax charges were non-refundable. This policy is clearly outlined on the hotel's website, and we did our best to explain it to during your subsequent phone calls to the hotel. For consistency's sake, we adhere to the policy across the board, and cannot make exemptions on a case by case basis. Again, I regret that this has caused you any undue stress or inconvenience.

Sincere Regards,

Guest Services Manager
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Clean hotel, nice people, thought the breakfast was good, missed the nightly reception.

Quirk that is out of their control - bathroom fan always on when bathroom lights on, no option for fan off or on. I like to listen to the news/TV while doing makeup/hair - but would have had to turn TV way up. Noticed going down the hallways - heard lots of TV's way up - probably because of bathroom issue - have not experienced this at other Holiday Inn Expresses. Somebody was cheap on electric boxes when building?

Wifi - have to say, it is not adequate per earlier reviews. Note, I did not complain about this as I will be staying here again when back in the area, but be prepared to use your own personal hotspot you might have on other mobile devices, do not yet rely on their wireless network if you need to get some serious work done. It might have worked better in public areas, but not rooms.

All in all, a good stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear BeachWere:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that the noise from the bathroom fan was disruptive. This is definitely an issue we will be looking into. I am glad that you had a good stay with us overall, and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Guest Services Manager
Newton, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Clean hotel, but the chemicals to keep it clean made my eyes water. I do no know what they use to clean up but i would classify it as some sort of environmentally hazardous chemical. Otherwise basic Holiday Inn with nothing special. Very limited breakfast, but the dinner and snacks served on some nights have a nice impact. Good location near the interstate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear mrirotator:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I regret that our cleaning supplies were bothersome to you; we will be looking into ways to avoid this in the future. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our evening snack reception though. It is my sincere hope that if you find yourself in the El Centro area in the future, you will give us another chance to impress you.

Warmest Regards,