“Repeat Customers”
Review of Crown Motel

Crown Motel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed 23 May 2014

As we commute and remain over nite from Mexico, we find the Crown Motel to be clean, convenient and accommodating. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. It doesn't hurt that the rate was not out of this world !!!!

This must be our 10th visit to this establishment. We just call ahead and we are set.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

They have very nice rooms. Rooms have a/c, t.v.s and HBO. The owners and staff are always friendly. I have a great stay here every time I am in town. It is a great location. Lots of stores and places to eat at. Also has a pool with a seating area.

• Stayed: May 2014
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I came to el centro to do some work for my company and planned on staying for at least a month. I stopped in to check to rate and look at a room. The front desk attendant a very nice young lady showed me the room. And gave me a price. She got the price off the rate sheet clearly posted for her at the front desk. I agreed and paid. The manager then came out and told me that was the "old price" and wanted more. I said no thanks and he said he voided the transaction. So I'm out my money for seven days. He was very rude. And said he didn't need my business anyway because he is charging more every day because of the work that is going on in the area. Classic Bait and Switch. Move on down the street. He's a rude crook. Who takes advantage of weary travelers and tired workers. He blamed my bank for the seven day hold. But had he given his employee the correct information we could have avoided the mess. It was dirty anyway. And I found a way better room with friendly staff just a short drive away. My company has since put out a warning to all employees to stay away. Good luck.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Sphawley
vijaykumar p, Director of Sales at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

We will not respond with name calling, We are very sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused, Our rates change due to the season and our competitor's prices, our current prices are $45 to $55 very reasonable. Our hotel is run by a very wonderful family and if you read the other reviews you can see a trend. We absolutely do not keep anyones money. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in EL Centro and apologize again for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is the first time the online review community has set me wrong. This place got decent stars on TripAdvisor so I pulled in. I was driving from Vegas to San Diego and it was too late to push over the pass. All I needed was a place to rest. Whoa. Check-in was fine although not friendly. The room was gross. Fridge and microwave in the bathroom, crickets EVERYWHERE - including on the beds - and an AWFUL stench next to the bed. I have stayed in plenty of lay-your-head motels and this was by far my worst experience. For $55, give another place a try. Hopefully you do better

Room Tip: Room 116 had the stench :-(
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emme169
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

El Centro has had rain and a crazy heat wave our regular temperatures of 105 feel like 120 with the "Heat Index" and humidity of over 70%.The crickets are coming our of the fields, We are very sorry that you had to have this experience. The town was mostly sold out due to our hunting season and I am sure you got one of the last older rooms used for our construction crews. We and several hotels in the surrounding area have had crickets and a couple of hotels had ants that are trying to get in to get water and to get our of the heat . We have never had this situation and are doing our best to handle it appropriately, Mother Nature always wins. We notify our guests upon arrival and have offered the option of room cancellation and refund if they want to go elsewhere. Again we are sorry for your unpleasant stay and hope you can understand. Our reviews are accurate and we do pride ourselves in great customer service and cleanliness.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Very nice people,very relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend this place to anyone seeking a place to stay for the night or for an extended stay. Checked in on Friday and stayed for three days.Really treated well with an outdoor pool to lounge in for some added comfort.

Room Tip: corner rooms a lot cooler.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

We do try our best to accommodate our guests, and its nice to see that people appreciate it and take the time to let us know. Thank You and please come back and visit us anytime!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This family run motel is a great value! With recently updated carpet, beds and pillows, we had a wonderful night sleep. The owner was very friendly and accommondating. Conventently located about a mile north of the freeway next to numerous restuarants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
vijaykumar p, General Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

We do try to be competitive with our rate and have good customer service, thank you for your comments! Please is you are ever in El Centro come back to see us!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

the crown motel has very clean and nice rooms,very good rate,center located,friendly staff,
softdrink and ice machines are available,micro in the room,big flat screen tv,coffe making machine in the room,fast wifi which is free of charge,parking in front of the room,
in a nutshell "it is a motel to recommend".
kind regards
p keemss & wife
phuket/thailand

Room Tip: before you sign for a room,inspect any of them just to check cleanness,so i always do, after decide...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank globewinner

We appreciate all of our guests and we do our best to keep a good rate, clean rooms and good customer service. Thank you for noticing and please come back to stay with us!