“It is what it is”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Placerville, CA
“It is what it is”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed here one night and it was fine…clean, relatively quiet, cheap. Was glad the heater in the room worked because there was only the flimsiest of covers on the bed. Bathroom sink was the lowest I'd ever seen and faucet sprayed so it was difficult to wash my face (I assume it was low-flow) but all in all it was fine and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Armando Q, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I will make sure our maintence staff check on the water pressure that feeds the rooms.

Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

First off, it's a Motel 6 so don't expect Madrin-Oriental service or class! However, the hotel has been recently remodeled and all the rooms looked pretty nice!

The beds are pretty small (all seem to be full size) but the TVs are new and the bathrooms as well. We also got a room on the lower level and the walls are paper thin. So it might be a better option to get a room on the 2nd floor. The air conditioners are also new and work really, really good.

The staff is really nice and if you're traveling with a pet this is the place to stay. We saw a ton of dogs and even a cat while we were there - really nice and made me miss my pooches. The pool also looked really nice and they even have a BBQ pit if you want to have a pool party (I would assume this is great if you are traveling with kids). The pool is visible from many rooms (it's in a courtyard). And parking lot is also visible from rooms in courtyard and the parking lot felt safe for our cars.

My only complaint was that I reserved a queen size room for a Friday night EARLY in the day and when we got there my husband and I got a full size bed (room 109) for $68.00. It was really uncomfortable but it was late and we were too tired to go back to the check in desk. Other than this, it was a great stay! :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosanna_510
Armando Q, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4662 El Centro. I am sorry about the inconvenience you have to go through. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Armando Quintero
Julian, California
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My family and I really appreciate the stay in this motel. We were there for more than a week and never had a problem. Our room was clean and organized when we got there and the staff kept it clean on a daily basis. The manager and staff were very friendly and attentive. With coffee and News paper every morning for me and a clean pool where my children had lots of fun!!! I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Zazueta M, Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4662 El Centro. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mike Zazueta
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have used this motel several times and now that the rooms have been upgraded and with new flat screen TV, , microwave and fridge a great and convenient place to stay short of long term. If you don't want to cook, fast food is steps away sl is Mexican food and a higher class Resuraunt.

• Stayed April 2013
Armando Q, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Greetings,

Armando Quintero
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 March 2013

As soon as I enter to the registration office the employees there were really friendly. The rooms well cleaned and organized. I really enjoyed it! Im pretty sure the persons in charge of managing the hotel, is doing an excellent job!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
australia
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This recently renovated Motel 6 was a good choice. We booked it on the basis of other reviews on Tripadvisor. The room was basic, quiet and the air conditioner worked well, even though it was over 42 Degrees C outside. The bathroom has a bit of a Formule1 feel about it but worked perfectly fine. Enjoyed the pool too. In summary, perfectly adequate low-priced road trip accommodation.

Room Tip: Always take the upper level in any inn.