I'm going to try to be fair, but also honest. We did the typical thing and stayed one night for an stopover enroute from Phoenix to San Diego. Here is what we experienced:
1) The beds were comfortable, but the warm blankets were a bit threadbare and had a lot of holes.
2) We found two cockroaches. One the night of the stay, in the bathtub. I understand sewer roaches happen but then there was the second one, the normal brown kind that likes dark places, which surprised my traveling companion when she opened the hotel services guide by crawling on her hand. I tried to catch it to bring the hotel clerk as proof, but then it proceeded to crawl towards my toddler and I decided its life had to end.
3) The breakfast was fine, eggs and pancakes on foam plates in a very worn and well-loved dining hall. Nothing spectacular, just basic.
4) The entire outside entrance to our room smelled strongly of garbage and urine. It went down a bit after the winds picked up, but made packing a very difficult proposition.
5) The response to my concerns regarding cockroaches and the smell was acknowledgement and agreement that it was unusual and at some point to follow up. I really don't know if they took it seriously; I received a very neutral response.
They would have received two stars had it not been for their kind attention to allowing us to retrieve our forgotten items on the way back through. We appreciate that a lot.
My recommendation is to stay elsewhere and not be lured in by free breakfast and drinks. Instead, stay somewhere else, and come over and pay 3 dollars for breakfast.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Travelodge EL Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Hotel El Centro
- Vacation Inn