“Not good... Don't stay here! Bad customer service...”

Best Western El Centro Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Family of 4 stayed here one night on our way to the baja to visit some friends during spring break. It was bad from the start. Very dirty, hidden charges, broken AC, no shampoo or soap, the list goes on. I wasn't expecting much, but the attitude of the staff was extremely rude and in the end when I kindly went over several issues we experienced over our 1 night stay, the manager told me my opinion doesn't matter because we are rated number one on TA. The promised continental breakfast wasn't available as advertised and he told us to just go across the street to IHOP. Being a business owner myself I was appalled at the response to customer feedback. I understand thongs happen. If they would have listened to my feedback my review would have been better but everything reflects management attitude.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank caprililac
There are newer reviews for Best Western El Centro Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2014

there are not many choices in el Centro. This property is very clean with very friendly staff and good beds. So why the 3 star? I stayed for a few weeks in a 2 room suite while working in El Centro. The rooms were large but the furniture was barely acceptable for the nightly fee. there is no excuse for the Spartan old furniture in room 212

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I arrived and was greeted very professionally, the staff completed my check in quickly and were very friendly. The room was clean and well kept I recommend this hotel if you are traveling through El Centro.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel at least once a month for the past year or so. The rooms are always clean and nicely furnished and it is centrally located for all of my needs. The staff are great!!! They are always friendly and go out of their way if I need something such as an early check-in. I will continue staying at this Best Western as long as I need to travel to the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I would ask the John Jay Inn if they serve a hot breakfast on Sundays. They did not on our recent stay there. Very disappointed that they did not. the room was nice but not getting a hot breakfast was not good. On Saturday they had potatoes, bacon and eggs O'Brian. Sunday no hot breakfast was served.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James C
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Couldn't ask for more...new, nice, and clean! Traveling through the area on the way from California to Phoenix AZ and found this little gem of a place. We always look for Best Western on our trips, anyway, and this was one we would like to come back to!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank patricia2
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed at the John Jay for 3 nights on a business trip. It was adequate and OK for the purposes.
It was hard to get the temperature in the room at a good level it was always too hot or too cold. Easy drive up and walk in motel. Don't look for great nut it is not a poor choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business