4,383 results
All reviews river view park entrance merced river pizza parlor small kitchenette spa bath double shower closest hotel stove top convenience store indoor pool gas fireplace view room mini kitchen kitchen area minute drive general store
Reviewed 25 May 2010

As others have said, the best part of this place is it's location, right at the entrance to the Yosemite Valley. They have tried to make the room seem upscale with some of the finishes, but it's a motel type facility with an open walkway to your door. Rooms are large. There is a small cooktop, microwave and bar type fridge. But cooking utensils are few and far between, so don't plan on cooking a gourmet meal. Bring food with you. There is a local market, but it's pretty sparse in the food department. The market in Yosemite is better stocked. The view of the river was nice. The sound of the water rushing on the rocks was loud as the flows are high in May, but with the door closed, it was pleasant background noise.

There is no internet in the rooms, but I did see people using laptops in the lobby, so there is probably wife there.

Checkout was a pain. They recommended express checkout to avoid lines. When I asked for an express checkout envelope, I also asked for a copy of the receipt as I have always been provided everywhere I have traveled when using an express checkout. The clerk refused to give me a copy of my bill with the charges to that time, and said I could only have a receipt if I checked out from the desk. I gave her the envelope back and said I would come back. We were leaving early, so there were only a couple of people in line when we left.

Staff are not especially friendly or helpful, but they are polite and respond to requests under the motels policy. This is a busy place in high season around the weekends. But the scenery is spectacular. There aren't many other choices in this area. I would stay here again, bring food with me from a real grocery store along the interstate. If you don't expect too much, you won't be disappointed and you will enjoy your stay.

1  Thank johnsmith47
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Hard to beat 5 minutes to Yosemite Park entrance. Kitchenettes come in handy for meals since the only options are the park, the hotel, and a drive into Mariposa (1 hour). Stock up at the local grocery store in Fresno/Merced/Sacramento. Staff very friendly and resolved any issues quickly. Nice outside pools and jacuzzi. Bus service from hotel to park if you don't has transportation.

Reviewed 21 May 2010

Our experience at this hotel could not have been better! We had a riverside room in one of the newer buildings, the Sequioa, at this large complex. The roaring Merced river was mere steps away from our balconcy & the music of the water was magical to hear. The room was extremely large, with a complete kitchen. Bath was large - the tub/shower was huge - with two shower heads one at each end of the tub. Large flat screened tv mounted above a working fireplace, nice Yosemite photographs on the walls. The restaurant is not affiliated with the hotel so you can't charge your meals to the room, but the food and service there were absolutely fine - part of the dining room is at river's edge. Breakfast buffet is wonderful, with large selection of fresh fruits, breads, pancakes & egg dishes - $10.99 or so. While this hotel certainly isn't the Ritz Carlton, I can't think of a better place to stay for the Yosemite experience. The very lovely Ahwahnee Hotel inside the park should not be missed, a great place for a meal or glass of wine, but it is so very crowded and expensive that we were very happy to return to Yosemite View. The very best surprise of our trip.

1  Thank rubbiecat
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Me and my husband booked this hotel because of it's location and the fact that the hotels within the park were pricey and full to capacity.

You are definitely paying a premium for the rooms here because of the location and $175 per night for a very average room is not good enough. The carpet was worn, bathroom floor tiles cracked and the kitchenette had definitely seen better days. Though it is nice to have the facility to cook and keep your food in the fridge.

I know you are not staying holed up in your hotel room when visiting this beautiful park, but having a clean and quiet place to stay is important. We happened to get a room above where the cleaners work and man do they love their loud and repetitive music! It went on until about midnight and then by 5.30 -6 am the noise began as they started work.

I was also a little concerned as we left our room one day to come back to it with the sliding door unlocked and slightly open!! (I had locked it before we left.) Also the staff were a little edgy and were not chatty or polite....they just did the minimum to get you checked in.

I'm sure that if you pay more money for a premium room you will have a nicer overall experience....but surely, no matter what your budget, they should be providing secure and clean rooms with no noise pollution.

I would not come here again...and beware the restaurant....basic and expensive...after all you are stuck there in the middle of nowhere....bring your own food.

1  Thank ButterThumbz
Reviewed 9 May 2010

My Husband and i stayed here during our honeymoon in September 2009. The location is good, about 10 minute drive from enterance to Park. Room was spacious but very dark, having kitchen facilities was a good bonus but make sure you go grocery shopping before arriving at Yosemite as the store at the lodge is ridiculously expensive ($6 for a small box of cereal!). Staff are not the most professional (stood chatting to each other while we waited to check in) and you have to book the restaurant in advance, there were huge ques for the pizza place every night. We stayed for 3 nights and 2 out of those three we made the 40 minute trip into Mariposa where there are 2 really good restaurants.
If we were to do this trip again we would stay inside the park itself and stay for max two nights

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple