“Service that will knock your socks off!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Houston, Texas
“Service that will knock your socks off!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My first impression of this hotel was a roller coaster. When I landed in LAX and called the front desk to get a shuttle, the associate told me that the shuttle was going to be a while (disappointment) . . . and that I should grab a taxi (anger) . . . and the hotel would pick up the tab (WOW!). You mean that the hotel values my time and business enough to eat the cost of a taxi ride??? Now I'm paying attention.

We arrived at the hotel around 8 pm and were greeted by a female associate. She took care of the essentials quickly and said, "I can tell you're tired so I won't bother you with the extra forms." Wait a second! You mean to tell me that you paid attention to the beaten look on my face, decided to help, and that your supervisors have empowered you to make decisions? I almost fell over.

To continue the story of the service, I'm going to do a terrible injustice to the room here because in my experience, Marriott's rooms are usually held to a very high standard. I will just say that I was pleased with the accommodations.

Our flight was scheduled to leave the next morning at 7:30. This meant leaving at 6:00, well before the Saturday morning breakfast was scheduled to be served. When we arrived in the lobby for the shuttle, the clerk went into the kitchen and grabbed us the best breakfast equivalent he could find. We didn't even ask.

I can't speak for more hotels than I have visited, but this is arguably the best service I have ever received at any establishment (hotels included). I will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CJ_Potter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Madison, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This Marriott Residence Inn of El Segundo, CA is a fantastic place to stay. Mari, Gabby, Ursala, Veronica, Ellana, and all the rest of the staff make you feel welcome from the time you arrive. The location is great for its convenience to so many big city events and attractions. The hotel is clean and well maintained and the grounds are well kept. What is even more amazing to me, is that they remember my name from one stay to the next, even if it is six months later.

I travel a lot and every time I am in the LAX area, I always stay here. I have tried other hotels in the area, and they are ok at best, but none of them compare to this one. Few hotels throughout North America compare to the quality of this one. It would be wise for the Marriott management team to read these reviews. If they did, they would make this hotel the ‘poster child’ for all Marriott Residence Inns and conduct their training based on the management, values, and principles of this hotel.

This is about the only hotel where you don’t feel like you are at a hotel; you feel like you’re staying with friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Glenn S
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

The rooms are great. The kitchenette is helpful if you are staying for long periods of time and don't want to eat out. If you do want to go out take avantage of the shuttle that will take you within a few miles of the hotel. Staff are friendly and very helpful. They have free breakfast, which is great on the pocket.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Southampton England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

The first review in this set has '10 helpful votes' but is in sharp contrast to the ratings that reviewers have given.
It is very suspicious and frankly a pack of lies.
Our home is in the Uk but we visit LA 4 or 5 times a year and, without doubt, our first choice of somewhere to stay is Residence Inn El Segundo.
Since its refurbishment (2010 ?) the prices are sometimes higher as it is popular and sells out but weekends are a bargain.
It offers many advantages over airport hotels ( free breakfast, free parking, happy hour food on 4 nights, a decent outdoor pool and barbecue) and is close to the Metro for those who don't have a car.
We have recommended it to many people and others, like us, have taken it up as a 'home from home'. We have taken 4 different sets of friends there who all thought it ideal.
The room size and facilities are everything that Residence Inn claims, including extra bedroom or two bedroom suites.
The friendliness and long service of the staff speaks for itself.
It might not be the ideal location if you don't have a car - but the metro is alongside and some of our friends have found that works well for them. It can also work well for business visitors.
One plus is that it feels much more safe and secure than airport hotels and is located away from the main 'noise'

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms above the gatehouse but frequent pool users might prefer the bigger building at...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank gordonsapsed
los angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Residence Inn sells you on the idea that you're getting an apartment when checking in. This location is like booking a boutique hotel in NYC with none of the perks

Very little space to operate, everything is squeezed into a tiny room, poor customer service. Better to save your money or just book yourself a room at another hotel and ask for a suite.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We arrived at the hotel on Friday night and the fog had rolled in. This was a special family trip to see the Rose Bowl. We used Marriott points and booked a one bedroom suite. The rooms we're clean with the bed and sofa comfortable with clean sheets. We asked for a roll away and it was promptly delivered to our room. Our family had never stayed in LA before and special mention needs to be made here of Frank who was at the front desk Friday night, Saturday morning Sunday morning and Monday morning. Every time I went to the desk to either get a paper or directions to Pasadena, Frank was there and provided his expertise. He was absolutely one of the most engaging front desk people I've ever met. Marriott has a potential general manager here. Frank gave us excellent directions to the Rose Bowl which was a ways away. Being a holiday weekend traffic was tolerable whether going to Venice beach, Santa Monica or anywhere else. The breakfasts were great every morning. Hot food was hot cold food was cold. Fresh fruit, a good selection of GOOD cereals, juices, and baked goods. The pool was heated and it was being used as it was in the 80's while we we're there. Overall, this was the a great trip and alot was due to Frank and all of the other wonderful staff at the El Segundo Residence Inn. (By the way, my team lost the Rose Bowl and I'm not a Marriott employee. I'm just a business owner who appreciates good service and enjoys other people when they enjoy their jobs)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yert
Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed at this property for about 5 days in December 2011. Most airport hotels at LAX are accessed by the hotel shuttle buses, taxis or in my case by rental car which was more convenient. The one bedroom apartment was typical Residence Inn style and comfortable. However the free breakfast did not have a lot of variety and got exhausted ever so often with guests like me requesting for replenishments. The free internet was fast and the pool area was quiet because the weather was getting chilly even for LA. All in all good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool and car park
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!