“Great Customer Service”

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay here, it's about 5-10 minute drive from LAX. The shuttle stops running at 10:00 pm so we had to take a cab instead but was reimbursed when we checked in. Since it was so close to the airport, the cab driver insisted on adding more than the metered price coz he said that there was a minimum charge, I asked for a receipt but only gave me the actual metered amount but told the front desk, Andre I believe, what happened and he said that cab drivers does that so I guess it's normal and apologized profusely. He was very professional and greeted us very warmly and the good thing is that we were reimbursed with the amount that we paid the cab driver what great service.

We used one of our free night vouchers (thanks Marriott Rewards!) and was given a two bedroom suite. It really had two bedrooms with in-suite bathrooms for each bedroom and a large living room in between! We had plenty of room here and it had a good size kitchen but it was missing an oven but there was a large microwave oven, stove top and a dishwasher. It was an apartment.

The rooms were clean and nice decor but not newly renovated which is okay with me just as long as it's clean. The linens were on the thinner side and the bed too soft but didn't mind it too much.

Breakfast was usual Res Inn with omelettes, toast, bananas, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc. There was a lot of people during breakfast but still found a table anyhow. They also have a nice patio with a large fire pit if you want to have breakfast outside instead.

Staff here were outstanding and everyone from the cleaning staff, maintenance, breakfast staff to front desk. They really make you feel welcome and also greeted us when we pass by them.

The only issue and don't think it was the hotels fault but one of the bedroom was next to the basketball court and woke up due to the bouncing basketball but I also slept in, I think it was past 10am, so if you're a light sleeper, I suggest requesting a room away from the basketball court.

Would definitely stay here again when I need to be close to LAX.

• Stayed: January 2013
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Hello Anoini2:

We appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

The two bedroom/two bath suite is a great option for familes. Plenty of space to work and relax. You mentioned that your suite did not have an oven and I would like to reach out to you, as all of the larger suites have a full size range with oven.

I look forward to hearing from you and we hope you choose the Residence Inn El Segundo/LAX again.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a great place to stay. Rooms clean, well maintained lobby, dining. Free wifi, parking. Free breakfast and even supper 4 nights a week. This is our 2nd stay. Close to metro station.....5 minute walk. Best to have a car, though. LAX a few minutes drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonPete1947
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear BostonPete1947:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback while you and your family stayed at our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that this is the second time you have visited us. Please let me know when you are here next as I would like the opportunity to meet you and see how we can make your stay even better.

Have a great week and thank you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on a layover in LAX. We enjoyed the breakfast which was included and thought the location was great -- only a few minutes from LAX. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a but dated compared to other Residence Inns we've stayed in, but overall we were very satisfied with our stay.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Hello Alma F:

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We strive in providing the best service and I am glad you received top notch attention.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is a huge plus when traveling and being so close to LAX makes its much easier for you and all of our guests.

We look forward to hearing from you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have frequently stayed at this property since it opened over 10 years ago. This is my Number One choice. The reason being is that the staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are appointed in a manner that makes my business stay comfortable. There is a gym and an outside pool if one chooses to exercise. I highly recommend this property for a single or mulitple night lodging.

Room Tip: Highly recommend!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a very well run Residence Inn. Everything we experienced here was above the standard for this Marriott brand.

The staff went out of their way to help us by providing duct tape to repair a suitcase that had been damaged by the airline. Room was sparkling clean and we slept very well.

The only thing that might dissuade us from using this on future stop-overs at LAX is that their shuttle van service stops running at 10:30 pm. This means that day flights from Hawaii to the mainland, which usually arrive around 9:30 pm don't have to be very late to miss the van (since one has to collect luggage). Our flight from Kauai landed at 10 pm, and we would have missed the van if we'd been staying here on the way home.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel January 01, 2013 and enjoyed all of it. The suite was clean and roomy. The kitchen had all the gadgets you need. The breakfast was superb. The Hotel provides free shuttle from/to the airport. The most important part was the courteous and helpful front desk staff and a special thank you to Elena for all her help.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eileen9876543
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Hello Eileen9876543:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback while staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the suite, amenties and our service. Elena and the staff take great pride in taking care of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week, loved the location and the friendly staff. The breakfast in the morning was nice, and there was plenty despite a large number of people going through the line. The evening reception was also nice with plenty of food and drink. My only complaint was the bathroom area in the room. The mirror was so low I could only see my chest and it interfered with the drain closure rod. The counters are really low as well and I had to bend way over to shave or brush my teeth which is uncomfortable. Not sure if this was just the room I was in, or is throughout the hotel. Otherwise, very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank AeroHokie92
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear AeroHokie92:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and social hour. I believe I know why you may have encountered an issue with the counter. I apologize for the minor inconvenience. The next time you are in the area, please contact me directly and I will make sure we have a perfect suite ready for you.

We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Best,