“Perfect choice for layover” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Acton, MA
“Perfect choice for layover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I recently took a flight from Boston to LAX which arrived at 9 p.m. Pacific Time. It was comforting to know that I was going directly to the Residence Inn for some rest before venturing out on my trip the next day. This inn was a perfect choice. I felt at home and had all the comforts I needed. The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was inviting and the studio room I had was clean and spacious. I was so glad about my choice and you will too.

Room Tip: rooms closer to the pool and breakfast area are convenient
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Dear Veteran's wife:

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo. We are the perfect choice for those that need to be close to LAX and like the comforts of home. The entire team strives to provide the best customer service as you and all our guests are very important to us.

The next time you are in the area, we hope you choose our hotel again.

Interim General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I made our reservation online. Before we even started our trip, I received an email asking if we had any special requests. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a two bedroom. The service was incredible, the room was very clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful stay here with my husband and son while visiting theme parks.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Pam E:

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive expererience at the Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo.

It is very important to our team that you and your family are very comforable while you are visiting us. The 2 bedroom / 2 bath suite is ideal for families and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it.

Please let me know when you are here again. I would like the opportunity to meet you personally.

Thank you again for your time, feedback and your loyalty.

Interim General Manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Wow, super impressed by the quality of this establishment. The location was perfect for my stay, minutes away from LAX and the beach cities. Ample parking space in a safe & quiet environment. A bonus to your LA Kings fans: the Toyota Sports Complex is next door for those that might want to catch the team practice or skate yourself! The room itself was spacious, clean and my surroundings were very quiet. The staff was friendly and I couldnt have enjoyed my stay any more than I did! Whenever in Los Angeles, this will be my go to hotel from here on out!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear Ivan:

We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience while you stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo/LAX. We take great pride in providing the best service and I am glad you liked our hotel, team and location.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Safe travels,

Director of Sales
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay here, it's about 5-10 minute drive from LAX. The shuttle stops running at 10:00 pm so we had to take a cab instead but was reimbursed when we checked in. Since it was so close to the airport, the cab driver insisted on adding more than the metered price coz he said that there was a minimum charge, I asked for a receipt but only gave me the actual metered amount but told the front desk, Andre I believe, what happened and he said that cab drivers does that so I guess it's normal and apologized profusely. He was very professional and greeted us very warmly and the good thing is that we were reimbursed with the amount that we paid the cab driver what great service.

We used one of our free night vouchers (thanks Marriott Rewards!) and was given a two bedroom suite. It really had two bedrooms with in-suite bathrooms for each bedroom and a large living room in between! We had plenty of room here and it had a good size kitchen but it was missing an oven but there was a large microwave oven, stove top and a dishwasher. It was an apartment.

The rooms were clean and nice decor but not newly renovated which is okay with me just as long as it's clean. The linens were on the thinner side and the bed too soft but didn't mind it too much.

Breakfast was usual Res Inn with omelettes, toast, bananas, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc. There was a lot of people during breakfast but still found a table anyhow. They also have a nice patio with a large fire pit if you want to have breakfast outside instead.

Staff here were outstanding and everyone from the cleaning staff, maintenance, breakfast staff to front desk. They really make you feel welcome and also greeted us when we pass by them.

The only issue and don't think it was the hotels fault but one of the bedroom was next to the basketball court and woke up due to the bouncing basketball but I also slept in, I think it was past 10am, so if you're a light sleeper, I suggest requesting a room away from the basketball court.

Would definitely stay here again when I need to be close to LAX.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Hello Anoini2:

We appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

The two bedroom/two bath suite is a great option for familes. Plenty of space to work and relax. You mentioned that your suite did not have an oven and I would like to reach out to you, as all of the larger suites have a full size range with oven.

I look forward to hearing from you and we hope you choose the Residence Inn El Segundo/LAX again.

Director of Sales
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a great place to stay. Rooms clean, well maintained lobby, dining. Free wifi, parking. Free breakfast and even supper 4 nights a week. This is our 2nd stay. Close to metro station.....5 minute walk. Best to have a car, though. LAX a few minutes drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BostonPete1947
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear BostonPete1947:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback while you and your family stayed at our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that this is the second time you have visited us. Please let me know when you are here next as I would like the opportunity to meet you and see how we can make your stay even better.

Have a great week and thank you again.
orem, ut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night on a layover in LAX. We enjoyed the breakfast which was included and thought the location was great -- only a few minutes from LAX. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a but dated compared to other Residence Inns we've stayed in, but overall we were very satisfied with our stay.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Hello Alma F:

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We strive in providing the best service and I am glad you received top notch attention.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is a huge plus when traveling and being so close to LAX makes its much easier for you and all of our guests.

We look forward to hearing from you the next time you are in the area.

Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have frequently stayed at this property since it opened over 10 years ago. This is my Number One choice. The reason being is that the staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are appointed in a manner that makes my business stay comfortable. There is a gym and an outside pool if one chooses to exercise. I highly recommend this property for a single or mulitple night lodging.

Room Tip: Highly recommend!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!