“Average Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

They evidently allow pets as there were 3 rather large dogs in my building along with associated smells. Room was comfortable and in average condition. Front desk and staff were very accommodating. Location was good but be aware the subway goes right next to the hotel and can have noise implications depending on where your room is located.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear joko8:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am happy to hear that you received great service from our team and that you were comfortable in your suite.

The next time you are in the area, please contact me directly. We would like the opportunity to assist you again and we will make sure to find the best location for you.

Have a great rest of the week and safe travels.

Best,

Interim General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 28 April 2013

When you stay at a hotel for multiple weeks, you get to know the ins & outs of the location. The rooms and facilities are very clean. Housekeeping does an excellent job keeping the room clean, cleaning the dishes (mini kitchen in the room) and keeping hotel provided items well stocked. I mention this as I have stayed at other Marriott Residence Inns and the rooms have been poorly cleaned; not so with this Residence Inn. Hotel management will go out of their way to do just about anything for you. I found this out when I arrived. I couldn't find something that I use in my coffee. The sales manager personally called around and found a location that had it. They also address issues immediately. When we used the hide-a-bed sofa, we discovered that the sheets were filthy (dried blood stains). When I brought this to management's attention, they immediately took care of it, having the director of housekeeping personally attend to the matter in my room. They also gave me 10,000 Marriott Points for the inconvenience. One thing to note about the hide-a-bed and that is it is very uncomfortable. The rooms are quiet. The grounds are well kept. The evening provided food is fair as is the daily breakfast. Parking lot ingress and egress are good as there are two entrances, one off of Nash, the other off of El Segundo Blvd. NOTE: If you are traveling EAST on El Segundo Blvd you can not turn into the parking lot off of El Segundo, you have to go up to Nash and either turn left onto Nash, go about a half a block and turn left into the parking lot or make a U-Turn on El Segundo. For short trips I stay at the DoubleTree just down the street, but I will be changing to the Residence Inn for all my LA trips as it offers a larger hotel room, in-room kitchen and evening food & beverage. Best of all, hotel management has been outstanding. The location is excellent as you are close to Manhattan Beach, the 105 & 405 Freeways and LAX. Yet you are far enough away from LAX that in rooms facing the hotel parking lot, you don't hear the planes whatsoever.

Room Tip: Stay in the middle rooms facing the parking lot, they are the quietest.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear MWG2:

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

The entire staff is happy to hear that you enjoyed our service, your suite and amenities. I understand you experienced some minor issues and that they were immediately addressed. You and and all our guests are very important to us and thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you again.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Everything about this hotel says "please come back." The rooms are perfect. The staff is very nice. We found everything so convenient to talk the places we need to go. The kids love the breakfast.

In addition to all of this, they have age appropriate television channels, the pool and spa area is very clean.

• Stayed February 2013
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear pcgray99:

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel, amenties, service and the child friendly channels.

We look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and loyalty.

Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed one night with a late arrival. Couple with 17 year old daughter and tayed in a 1 bedroom suite. The sofabed option in the living room was both economical and comfortable. Breakfast was very good - good variety. Very comfortable beds and everything clean and fresh.

It's a great option for a family. Staff were great. be aware that there are not many restaurants within walking distance in the area and the office area which surrounds the hotel is a bit spooky late at night on foot. Of course, there is the option to have anything delivered to your room from the hotel's menu too.

Great location too for LAX and Los Angeles

Room Tip: The suite is a great option for a family
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maya S
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Maya S:

I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience while staying at the Residence Inn - El Segundo.

Our hotel is ideal for families as everyone can relax in the living room and also each person can have their privacy. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the 1 bedroom suite.

We strive on providing the best service, breakfast variety and impeccable suites. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and we all thank you again Maya S.

Have a great rest of the week and we hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Safe travels,

Acton, MA
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I recently took a flight from Boston to LAX which arrived at 9 p.m. Pacific Time. It was comforting to know that I was going directly to the Residence Inn for some rest before venturing out on my trip the next day. This inn was a perfect choice. I felt at home and had all the comforts I needed. The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was inviting and the studio room I had was clean and spacious. I was so glad about my choice and you will too.

Room Tip: rooms closer to the pool and breakfast area are convenient
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Dear Veteran's wife:

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo. We are the perfect choice for those that need to be close to LAX and like the comforts of home. The entire team strives to provide the best customer service as you and all our guests are very important to us.

The next time you are in the area, we hope you choose our hotel again.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I made our reservation online. Before we even started our trip, I received an email asking if we had any special requests. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a two bedroom. The service was incredible, the room was very clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful stay here with my husband and son while visiting theme parks.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Pam E:

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive expererience at the Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo.

It is very important to our team that you and your family are very comforable while you are visiting us. The 2 bedroom / 2 bath suite is ideal for families and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it.

Please let me know when you are here again. I would like the opportunity to meet you personally.

Thank you again for your time, feedback and your loyalty.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Wow, super impressed by the quality of this establishment. The location was perfect for my stay, minutes away from LAX and the beach cities. Ample parking space in a safe & quiet environment. A bonus to your LA Kings fans: the Toyota Sports Complex is next door for those that might want to catch the team practice or skate yourself! The room itself was spacious, clean and my surroundings were very quiet. The staff was friendly and I couldnt have enjoyed my stay any more than I did! Whenever in Los Angeles, this will be my go to hotel from here on out!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear Ivan:

We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience while you stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo/LAX. We take great pride in providing the best service and I am glad you liked our hotel, team and location.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Safe travels,

LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Cambria El Segundo
#11 of 13 in El Segundo

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!