“Wonderful reception staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
England
“Wonderful reception staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and the staff were great. Nothing is too much trouble. One of our party had a lost case at the airport and they helped us with trips back and forward to airport the shuttle bus is good. Breakfast is great, pool area is clean laundry facilities are perfect No problems. Wish we could have stayed longer. Fantastic staff thank you!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hello Dave0904:

We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our front desk staff. We are here to make your life just a bit easier.

Have a great summer! The entire team thanks you and we look forward to your next visit.

Mari Estrada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
chicago, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We travel to LA 3-4 times a year and love the Residence Inn in El Segundo. The staff never fails to accommodate and please us. We love the one bedroom concept by Marriott and the kitchenette area. The location suits us fine as we always have a rental car and find the El Segundo area and that enormous nearby mall just great. Manhattan beach is to the south and LA proper to the north. It easy to get to the 105 and the 405. All in all we are delighted with this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank oldergent
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear oldergent:

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay while staying at the Residence Inn Marriott El Segundo/LAX.

We are centrally located near the beach, mall, LAX and the freeways. It seems like you already know your way around the El Segundo/Manhattan Beach area.

Thank you for time and feedback.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Have a great summer,

Residence Inn Marriott El Segundo/LAX
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We got at free breakfast with the room and a late checkout. The gym was nice and clean. Very private I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone business, family and solo lol. Don't forget your swim gear there is a pool there to enjoy!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Debkal4nia:

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your positive experience while staying at the Residence Inn Marriott El Segundo/LAX.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, gym and the pool! As you mentioned, we are a great choice for business travel, families and even solo :) .

The team and I look forward to your next visit.

Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo/LAX
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

First of all, I would like to say that the location of this hotel is good if you want to stay near LAX without hearing the planes go by all night. It is a 10 minute drive from LAX and 10 minutes from Manhattan Beach which can be a fun place to walk around if you have never been. There are plenty of strip malls/stores and a few restaurants in the area.

First of all, I will say that this has more of an 'industrial' feel than most other Residence Inns. I would say this was more like a Fairfield Inn than a Residence Inn to me. While Residence Inn are normally like a little apartment complex/village set up ... this was more of a big building connected to the lobby/gatehouse where breakfast is served, etc.

The thing that really turned me off to this property is that I am a Platinum Member yet I was placed in a small room that was right in the middle of a construction zone within the hotel. When I walked into the building, there was plastic taped over the carpets with painters tape. There was unfinished exposed dry wall on the walls, taped off. There were sections that had wallpaper hanging off the walls. It was not a wing that should have been open to guests ... walking through this area was my first impression on the way to the room and that was ridiculous.

No upgrade ... which happens about 25% of the time when I stay at Residence Inn. No big deal, but I thought I would mention it. The wireless internet stopped working while I was there. That was a HUGE hassle, as I was staying there at the end of a business trip and normally I like to do a lot of the work at the end of the trip the night before my flight. To use the internet, I was told I had to walk down to the lobby and use one of the computers there, which is completely unaccaptable from a security standpoint ... and a comfort one.

The breakfast was semi-typical of a Residence Inn. When I went down at 9:30 a.m. (breakfast ran until 11 a.m.) most of the hot stuff was gone. I had a waffle and some yogurt ... they brought out eggs which looked like they were made in a science lab. Yellow styrophome. No thanks.

The reason this place gets 3 stars instead of 2 is beyond the construction zone I had to walk through, the actual room was clean and neat. They were able to give me a 2 p.m. check out because my flight wasn't until night. Something most places will do for high tier members, but I've had a few places who said they wouldn't. They didn't balk at my request here.

Overall, I wouldn't return because of the industrial feel, construction happening in the hallways outside my room and not working wireless internet (which is a big deal to a business traveler) and lack of upgraded room. The hot tub and pool were nice to have, and I do love the basketball courts. However, next time I will stay at a different property while in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-construction room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LovinHotelLife
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear AVeryPickyTraveler:

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback while staying with us.

My team and I are glad that you found our location convenient and close to the airport and the beaches. The staff was very happy to extend a late check out for you. I am also happy to hear that you found your suite very clean.

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. The issues you mentioned are very important and unfortunately they were beyond our control. I hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo/LAX
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

very convenient location, close to the airport but extremely noisy. Nice room but dirty furniture. Spent the weekend shopping in LA, getting back to the hotel tired at night ready to sleep but too much noise on the hallways. The hotel gets very busy, difficult to find parking when returning late

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GAAG9
Dear GAAG9:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us.

You indicated in your feedback that noise, parking and the furniture were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Residence Inn El Segundo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel staff knows me, greets me by first name every time I walk in. I get truly personalized service that makes me want to come back each time. The included drinks, happy hour, and food is a great touch and the breakfast is complimentary and includes a good variety. Hot coffee is available 24-7 in the lobby and if it isn't they will make another pot for you. They will shuttle you to local destinations and pick you up as well. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building (the same one with the clubhouse) to avoid any extra noise from the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear brian d:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I will make sure to share with the entire team how happy you are with the personalized service, social hour and the variety of breakfast items.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.

Residence Inn El Segundo/LAX
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a great place to stay one night or long-term. We had a studio which included a full kitchen. There are complimentary coffee and popcorn in the room and you can get more at the front desk. Free full breakfast with eggs, ham, cereal, fruits, the works.
The hotel is in a very quiet area. Our building was in the rear and very quiet. (The one being renovated because an "intelligent" guest thought it would be a good idea to hang his laundry off the fire sprinkler.) The parking lot is brightly lit in the evening. The hotel about a 10-15 mins drive from LAX. We would stay here again.
Yes, very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Michelle2012:

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the positive review. We do our very best to make sure you are comfortable and taken care of. I will make sure to share with the entire team.

We appreciate you and your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Residence Inn El Segundo/LAX
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!