“Nice place to stay, and at a great price!!”

Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Beautiful on the outside and inside. Rooms are clean, roomy, and modern. I liked that there was a wrap around couch. There is onsite laundry, nice pool and hot tub, and 2 outdoor lounging areas with couches. The staff was very professional and courteous, and they neatly wore their uniforms. Our view from the window wasn't great, but there isn't much to see around the airport. They offer a shuttle to and from the airport a buffet style breakfast full tasty choices, except for the eggs, which taste powdered. Otherwise, a great experience and would do it again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
VICTOR R, General Manager at Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Vegasdw,

Thank you for the nice review, we are glad to read that you found the Hyatt Place LAX beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside. We are happy you found our staff be be both professiona and courteous. The next time you stay with us please try one of our signature breakfast sandwiches. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After staying at La Quinta on out way inn we opted for an upgraded experience on our last night in California and we're not disappointed. Nice, big and clean rooms, great breakfast, efficient reception. Business-like style which suited our family just fine. Make sure you reserve your spot on the van to the airport and expect longer wait times to be picked up, be persistent.

Stayed: August 2014
VICTOR R, General Manager at Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Max C,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Hyatt Place LAX/El Segundo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the big clean rooms and the great breakfast. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to the airport, depending on airport traffic the trip to the airport can take from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, thank you for your patiences.
We look forward to you staying with us again on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Warm regard,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed just for a night after a long day - couldn't have made a better choice. Free shuttle from the airport, an amazing smiling and warm staff (I think it was Amanda who checked me in), nice and clean hotel, comfy bed. I had a view of the airport too. They have a 24 hours kitchen for a small selection of food - that took care of my dinner plus a glass of wine that they sent to the room as I had my hands full. Breakfast selection was enough for an early start. Michael, the shuttle driver, was very nice and he waited for me to finish breakfast to drive me to the airport. A pleasant stay that I would recommend to all who want to stay close to the airport for an early flight to catch but do not like the idea of airport hotels.

Room Tip: i got a corner room on the 5th floor across a cluster of offices with a view of the airport in the r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear RupaNY,

We are delighted to hear you had a great stay at the Hyatt Place LAX/El Segundo. We are glad you found our location convenient, near the airport without having the airport noise and that you found our staff warm and friendly. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Descriptions such as "wonderful" and "pleasant" are not typically associated with airport hotels given the amount of turnover it sees. Hyatt Place LAX defies that logic with the cleanliness of the property and quietness of it's location. After a long day of business up in Santa Barbara, drove down the coast and checked into the hotel. The lady at the front desk was both helpful and efficient, taking the time to give me directions to the elevator and an option to order food if I so chose to do so.

Rooms were quite spacious and well appointed. Being relatively close to LAX but situated among office buildings provides for a quiet and peaceful night stay before an early morning flight. Location of the hotel is also close enough to restaurant options and gasoline stations to fill up the rental cars off of Sepulveda and Rosecrans.

Can't recommend enough to stay at this hotel when flying through LAX or to El Segundo for business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jumbojetlee

Dear Jubojetlee,

Thank you for ranking the Hyatt Place LAX/El Segundo the BEST hotel near LAX. We are glad you found our staff helpful and efficent and you found the hotel to be conveniently located near the airport, restuarants and other services. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for one night (7/21-7/22) before a long drive up the coast of California. Overall, it was a very nice hotel with very clean rooms and modern decor. The overall property seemed to be new so everything was fresh and clean. The only problem I encountered was that the cleaning staff left only half a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom with no extra rolls in sight. After requesting more to be sent up to my room, the front desk clerk asked me if I "needed it right now?" which I thought was odd...if I didn't need it, why would I be asking for it? The normal response from most staff at just about any hotel is " Sure, we'll have it sent up" but not this clerk. The breakfast was standard continental but the woman working the breakfast was just about the most friendly person I've ever encountered at any hotel. She COMPLETELY made this hotel worth staying at! I only wish I got her name so I could thank her personally.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear SSYLRE,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am happy to read that you found the guest rooms very clean and you like the modern decor. Kenna is the breakfast host that made your stay and she appreciates all the great comments she recieves from our guests. I do apologize for the response you received when you called the front desk and we have completed training on more appropriate responses. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I arrived from Australia after a 13 hour flight to begin our honeymoon tired and weary but then disappointed.
We arrived at 9am and I appreciate well before scheduled check in and had hoped it was possible for am early check in but were denied as the hotel was at full capacity the night before which is completely understandable. The problem I had was all 3 on the check in desk were not interested not friendly and certainly not helpful. It was us who asked if we could leave our bags at the hotel. We then had to ask if we could freshen up in their toilet. As minor as this sounds all communication and presentation by these 3 receptionists were deplorable and the biggest let down of this hotel.
The rooms were fantastic clean and modern with a very comfortable bed
The location is good and we went to manhattan beach to waste some time before we were able to check in. A lovely suburb very clean relaxing and up market.

We are not people with unreasonable standards of customer service and it would seem many other guests and reviews have boasted exceptional customer service. It's just a shame that perhaps we were unlucky today

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Goodowashere
VICTOR R, General Manager at Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Goodowasher,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. Although I was happy to read that you found the hotel very clean and you liked the modern design and that you found the hotel’s location to be very convenient to visit the local area, I was disappointed to read that you did not receive the attentive helpful service that is expected from our associates. As you mentioned past guests have written great comments about the exceptional service they received from our staff and I apologize that we did not provide you the same experience. I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Los Angeles to allow us to provide you the excellent service we normally provide our guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I hosted a small meeting here for about 10 colleagues. I love the brand, but had never stayed at this location.

The physical location is great. Some of the LAX airport hotels are in rough areas (see my other reviews) but not this one. I felt perfectly safe and even put together some decent running routes outside. Due to its orientation, airport noise isn't an issue. Currently, there are a couple large construction projects behind the hotel, but i've got to believe those are temporary.

There are a couple of decent restaurants that are walkable, and a grocery and Fedex about 3/4 mile away. the airport is obviously very close- the shuttle looked great.

Rooms are wonderful. Just the right size. Super clean and modern. TV is huge and sharp- channel selection is perfect.

The staff was outstanding. Jaime at the front desk helped me through at least 5 random issues and was able to give great advice.
Rosyln was the event planner and did a wonderful job despite our demanding group.

The food was great- we had breakfast and lunch both days at the hotel.

Fitness facility was good- but its SoCal. Go outside.

I've probably been to 20-25 Hyatt Places, and this is my new favorite. Well done folks!

Room Tip: Try to be facing the front of the hotel for the next couple months- construction project in the back...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
VICTOR R, General Manager at Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We are delighted to read that you had a great stay at the Hyatt Place LAX/El Segundo, CA. We are glad you found both our meeting space and our sleeping rooms very accommodating and our staff helpful and we were able to surpass your expectations. Thank you for making us your new favorite Hyatt Place and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Westside
Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North

Been to Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo? Share your experiences!