“I just had a awful experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in El Segundo
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Douglas Street
Transit: Bus stop out in front of restaurant/Metrorail
Description: Fleming's El Segundo, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are conveniently located in the South Bay, near Manhattan Beach and the LAX airport, off the 405 on Rosecrans Ave.
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
“I just had a awful experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Seldom do I write a bad review. I like to think that I'm smart enough to stay away from bad places. I before I start writing, I see these glowing reviews from happy people.

I did not have that experience.

We came to Flemings for Mother's Day dinner. We had made a reservation through Open Table, they didn't have it... and my confirmation didn't help. We were offered seats on the patio --- or a wait of an hour.

Then it went down hill. The service was terrible. The young man sold my wife on an entree that was "sold out." Our order as a whole was messed up. Items like salads, side dishes were "forgotten." We were offered one round of drinks and never saw a return visit for refills. The promised bread never made it to the table.

The food, all in all was good. But the service was so bad that it ruined the evening. It also created a feeling of irritation and disappointment that took away what was hoped to be a special night out.

Final insult; I paid $360. for this debacle of an evening. That was for three adults and two kids. No alcohol ... and no dessert because we could get anyone to serve it to us.

You want to say "I got a bad server" and dismiss it at that. Reality, it goes farther than that. It goes to bad management, training and supervision. When you are paying this kind of money for a meal, "I'm new, and got slammed" is just not acceptable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mike90275

Torrance, California
“Tasty birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant on Mar 31st. Online they have a special offer of steak, lobster, side dish, and salad which had to be ordered online when you make reservations. When we arrived we were seated quickly and the restaurant was quite full. Service was excellent, we got bread & drinks and our waiter proceeded to tell us the specials in case we didn't want the steak/lobster meal. The meal was pricey but worth every bite. The filet was melt in your mouth delicious and the lobster was just enough. Next time we will try the desserts that were offered. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas
“High Class at High Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Excellent appetizers, tasty main courses, delicious desserts, attentive wait staff. Everything you need to take your clients to a nice dinner.

Visited March 2013
Orange County, California
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We held a group dinner in a private room in the back of the restaurant on a Saturday evening. The entire restaurant was booked but we were escorted to a private patio for drinks and hors d'oeuvres prior to sitting down to dinner. The food was amazing. I had requested lobster mashed potatoes be available and there was not one bite left after the meal. The service was excellent. Especially Dell. A fantastic experience.

Visited March 2013
Redondo Beach, California
“Perfect for a Special Occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I don't go out too often. When we do, we enjoy a good meal and are willing to pay for it. Flemings is one if those places that you will get a good meal and you will pay for it. We started the meal with pork bellies that wete absolutely delicious. We both had the special which was salmon with crab and two fillets. The only thing that we did not like was the side of asparagus. They were completely over seasoned and over cooked. The noise level was pretty high so unless you are sitting right next to each other, it is z bit difficult to hear. Overall good experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles