“Food good, service a bit lacking” 3 of 5 bubbles

Marmalade Cafe
Ranked #17 of 154 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We take great pride in our restaurants and view them as a personal reflection of ourselves. Consequently we only hire employees who are as excited about our operations as we are. Our concept is very simple. Customers enjoy dining in a spectacular environment matched with wonderful food and fully attentive service. When you visit us you will see that we have provided just that.
Calif
“Food good, service a bit lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

1st visit, food was very good, service too. 2nd time, food was so-so, service a bit slow. Now, this 3rd time, went b/4 the dinner rush (about 4:30pm), seated right away (hardly anybody in the place), waiter was a bit slow in getting to the table, food was a bit slow in getting to us,(it was tasty but a bit on the cold side), after the meal was eaten the waiter was no where to be seen, had to ask a "busboy" to please have the waiter bring our check, so at this point, we may not return.

Visited April 2013

Hawthorne, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I come here for breakfast a few times a month. Food and service are always excellent! Had my birthday dinner here last month too.

• Visited April 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Great breakfast place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

The hotel recomended this place for breakfast, and we tried it. Its a nice big restaurant the breakfast was just wonderful. Many choices in the menu for breakfast and its fairly reasonably priced as well. it is located in a nice area of el sugundo as well right next to a strip mall. All in all great breakfast place.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“good fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stopped at this place mostly because it was easy to get to. Everyone was happy with what they ordered; a couple of us just added salt. The cafe specialize in using fresh ingredients (especially veggies). The menu had dishes that would satisfy the carnivore, vegan, and everyone in between. I really wish I had tried the portabella fries, but I just didn't have the room; my teriyaki bowl was enormous.
The restaurant itself was decorated oddly. There were lots of things on the wall, but as far as I could tell, there was no theme It also seemed understaffed, as we could see our food waiting on the counter waiting to go to the table.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
california
“OK but not great for dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We went here for a casual dinner. The service was ok but the waitstaff seemed distracted and a little unprofessional. The selection of food was not to my preference and the quality was ok but not great. I think they could do better with some effort. I wasn't disappointed but will look elsewhere for a better casual dinner experience. I did enjoy breakfast here before, though so I'll stick to that.