“Convenient Location”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
boston
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed this Courtyard. I found the staff nice and helpful, rooms are tidy and clean, and the hotel is convenient to beautiful Manhattan Beach, shops, restaurants, and the Los Angeles airport. When in Los Angeles, make sure you have car. Everything becomes reachable, and your trip becomes enjoyable. This hotel was near my car rental place, Enterprise Rent a Car, where they will pick you up from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear maiboston,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.
I have passed on your kind comments to our teams.
We are fortunate to be located in the beautiful city of El Segundo with easy access to all of Los Angeles.
We look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you bak to the South Bay.
Ed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here 3 times over the holidays and had different experiences each time. First of all, each time I checked in, it seemed like no one cared I was even staying there. One time an employee was on a personal call and stopped talking long enough to hand me my key and tell me which side of the hotel I would be on. On my first stay, I was on the second floor (with a courtyard view). Someone was pounding over me from midnight to 4 a.m. so you should ask for the 3rd floor if you are a light sleeper. On my second stay, I asked for the 3rd Floor (with courtyard view) and there was no noise. Much better. Third stay, I called the hotel the day before to ask for the 3rd floor with a courtyard view and ended up on the busy street side. The traffic on the street and the plane noise from LAX kept me up until after midnight. What is the point of being Gold if you get the worst room in the inn? Now, that being said, the rooms are clean and the lobby is modern. I did eat there on the first stay and the sandwich was good on a rainy night. The gym is nice although the cable TV never worked right for all 3 stays, so take a headset with you. The bike could use a fine tuning. The pool looked well maintained although I did not have time to use it. The airport shuttle was timely both directions each time I stayed. Even with the negative points, I would stay at this property again as their park and fly is very convenient. I would just want to make sure I had a courtyard room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank debbiejo
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

For the most part, I've found that Courtyard hotels are pretty consistent. Always convenient, comfortable, and no-hassle. This location was no different. It's close to the airport, so you can expect to hear some planes overhead, but it's not that bad. White noise machines or apps are very helpful! The location is very close to the airport, and it's pretty easy to navigate to wherever you want to go in the city.

We had a room with a king bed. The room isn't huge, but there's plenty of room to move around in for two people. The room was clean when we arrived, and cleaned daily. The staff was very friendly.

All in all, if you're not looking for luxury accommodations, but for convenience and a nice stay, this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
nfld
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel. Looks like it is newly renovated. Wonderful room, comfortable bed. Also has a great little bistro-both the dinner and the breakfast exceeded my expectations. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
El Paso, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 26 December 2013

It was the best for the price when I checked the internet for a four-day stay in Los Angeles. We were going to the American Film Market (the largest market for films in the world), and needed to be close to Santa Monica, and made the reservation late, so most hotels close to Santa Monica were booked. For the price range that I wanted this was the best, and it turned out to be a wonderful experience, since my expectations were already very low, but how wrong I was. It was a delightful experience, from the room, to the service, to the location of the Hotel, which was easy to find. Even the spa and the amenities were great, and we even had a couple of meetings at the coffee shop in the hotel lobby. All around we got more for our dollar than we bargained for.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the street are the best ones: quiet and with easy access. Additionally, some of...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Our flight home was delayed & the airlines said they'd comp the a percentage of the room so we had no other choice but it was a great stay! I gots a good nights rest & refreshed on a nice clean hotel and woke up refreshed to catch my flight in the morning! Staff was very helpful with checkin & saw that I was tired so were speedy so thank you! Will stay again!

• Stayed December 2013
Bandera, Texas
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I and fellow Mortor-sports race driver attended the FABULOUS 50'S CHRISTMAS DINNER at The PROUD BIRD on Aviation Blvd on Saturday night December 7, 2013. It was a great dinner with over 200 people attending.

We stayed at the MARRIOTT COURYARD and had a very nice evening. We arrived at 3PM, and had a Cesear salad from the food bar and then proceeded to our room on the 3rd floor. The service was very prompt and excellent. The ADA room was very clean. The tub/ shower worked OK, and had ADA handrails etc. I wish it had a roll in shower for my needs, but that type of room is only available with a single king bed, not the two queen beds we had. This is a common problem when traveling. Great for my wife and I, but when I am with male friends, we need two beds, and the ADA Roll in shower.

Parking was on the side, and the entrance was close to the elevator which made room access late that evening after the dinner easy for my scooter use.

Sunday breakfast was a pay as go, which is now becoming standard as the economy gets better. Starbacks coffee and coffee cake type food was available. I had the yogurt / cereal/ strawberry bowl which was a good choice.

All in all, a quality night at a higher price, but the evening deserved it. I all come back, and if I ever fly from LAX and need a room, I would use it again. This Marriott Courtyard was well run, clean and I give it an excellent rating.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends