“Very good lounge and great breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a quick overnight stay. The hotel reminds me of how old Hollywood would be, but the service was definitely up to today's standards. We arrived very late, but the hotel lounge was still going strong, and the bartender was very accommodating. Our food arrived quickly and was very tasty. The room was standard, but the beds were very comfortable. There is a separate sink and mirror area located in the bedroom area, which makes it convenient with 2 ladies trying to get ready at once. Breakfast was delicious, with anything you want to eat, and made to order omelets as well. This is our 2nd stay here and we will be back. The only drawback is you have to pay to self park your car, but other than that this hotel is great.

you c

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurie W
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your quick overnight stay. Anyone traveling in groups or with a large family would agree with your comments about the extra sinks. The full cooked-to-order breakfast is also a great aspect as everyone in your party can get exactly what they want.

Please keep us in mind for your next visit to LA and hopefully you’ll be able to stay longer.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Overall I have stayed in this hotel a few times and the latest stay was for 3 days. As it is an Embassy, you know that you will be getting a decent sized suite and free breakfast. This hotel delivered on that. The design and layout is a little eclectic but overall functional and actually the hotel appears to have a large number of rooms. This leads to a fair amount of congestion at breakfast and it can be hard to find a place to sit. Also the managers evening reception can be a zoo! The bar and restaurant are welcoming and the bar staff are really good. One thing I found a little disappointing was the lack of choice on the restaurant menu, given that I stayed 3 nights.

My room was clean and well appointed but one purplexing feature was the opaque film that is placed over the windows that give you no natural light. This is on the rooms facing south, away from the airport (which is the side of the hotel you want to be on BTW). I guess this was due to 'interactions' with the houses that adjoin the back of the hotel. Still it felt weird.

The other slight annoyance was the west end of the ground floor atrium (by the pool) is used as an open meeting area for functions and there is a fair amount of noise that can reach the rooms. One night had a 'do' that went on 'till 1:00 and the attendees were loud....

I alternate around Hilton properties (Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy, Hilton Garden Inn) in the LAX/El.Seg area when I am in the area on business, and I would stay here again so I guess that says something

Room Tip: Avoid rooms looking towards the runway, unless you are into a bit of plane spotting....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

You are correct about the film on the windows on our south facing suites. We share a very close proximity to the residential area and must have the film for the privacy of both the homeowners as well as our guests. Thankfully our next project this fall will be to replace the windows and doors throughout the hotel which will add some soundproofing to the north facing suites. This will hopefully open up some options for those who cprefer the south side simply for less noise.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Embassy Suites are our first choice, so it was toss up between "North" and "South (El Segundo) for a four night stop-over Europe-NZ. It turned out to be fine.
The airport shuttle was slow, slow, and slow - the North shuttle came around three times before a South one turned up, even after phoning.
It was still under renovations on the ground floor hospitality area, but that didn't bother us too much - just that the manager's reception (cocktail-hour drinks) area was a bit makeshift.
Breakfast was busy on the weekend with wedding and family groups, but quieter week days.
We had a small incident with the guest laundry when a machine was plumbed incorrectly to hot water only and ruined some garments. After investigation the hotel accepted responsibility, and made a quick and easy compensation offer.

I had a swim in the indoor pool which was fine.
Having no auto, we discovered that the eating places within (daytime) walking distance were pretty second-rate. There are no shopping centres close by, but one can get on the free shuttle to EMBSuites North and buy a shuttle ticket on the Manhattan Village flyer. That worked well, for an afternoon out, but there's only one major store, a Macys, in a smallish mall.

The only complaint was the restaurant. The food is indifferent, really just an add-on to its main purpose as a bar. Having a late meal one night, my wife asked for a glass of Oyster Bay wine. It came in a glass but the oysters were off! Being Kiwis, we know what Oyster Bay sav blanc should look and taste like. The waiter, caught out in a swindle, carried off a retreat perfectly, implying that it was S's fault for being a cheapskate and buying the dregs of a bottle that had not lasted the distance. He returned with an ice-cold, unopened bottle, true to label, and poured it for tasting with a flourish. His only mistake was not offering it gratis.

Room Tip: If you're claustraphoibic, make sure that you get a "garden view", ie towards the airp...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am terribly sorry for the wine offering in our Bistro. I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Director to ensure things such as this do not happen again, and if anything negative does that he is informed and the situation is handled correctly.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently traveled to the Los Angeles area due to the passing of my Grandmother. I was just in the area a month earlier and stayed at the same Embassy Suites. To my surprise the Grill area upgrades are now complete and it looks great. The space is very efficient and the larger grilled to order area was a most welcomed sight. The staff was very pleasant, and my breakfast was cooked to perfection. Despite the increase in price just 1 month between my visits, I will use this location again, the next time I'm in Los Angeles.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing a family member or friend but I am thankful that you were able to find some joy and comfort in your visit. I hope our team members made you feel at home and were able to keep your spirits lifted.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The facility was very attractive / clean with nice amenities. What I would expect from an Embassy Suites. However I was already felling ripped off by the room rate (last minute booking). Then got hit with $26/day parking and $10/day internet and was left with a bad taste in my mouth. I understand that we are going to a la carte experiences in travel but the nightly rate was not an a la carte rate. Rooms could use some sound proofing (near airport).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I apologize that you did not feel good about your stay. You are correct that the parking and internet charges are separate from the room rate; I only hope our front desk explained your options upon checking in. We have a complimentary business center for our guests with computers, printer and copier. This is a great for checking a quick email or printing off directions. Also, being in a residential area our guests have the option of parking in the garage or on the streets around the hotel. We simply remind you to obey all traffic laws on the streets as the city patrols often.

As always we also have many packages available that include parking and/or internet. I hope this helps for planning your next trip and I hope you’ll think of us when in LA.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great service, in particular on the breakfast side, Juan is funny and makes sure you get a good omelette, good rooms and beds but an awful wifi connections on this day and age, in a hotel close to the airport frequented by business people...unforgivable, and that at the HHonors floor.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am terribly sorry for the issues with the wifi connection throughout the hotel. We are working with AT&T to correct any issues we might have in order to make the overall experience better for everyone. Thankfully we have team members such as Juan in our breakfast area that can turn a negative experience into a great one.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom suite that consisted of a seperate bedroom with 2 double beds and a lounge with pullout sofa. The room had 3 basins one to which was a small kitchenette. This was good especially when in a rush to leave the hotel to do last minute shopping and sight seeing.the day of checkin had a little problem of where to unload bags. Am glad there was an usher to our rescue to which we had no problem there after that.The checkin staff was more than accomodating and the room we got was on the 4th floor that had a little balcony overlooking the tarmac. i dont understand how people go on about this location being very noisy because we slept all night without any disturbances.Every night from 5:30 to 7:30 is a managers reception night to which I thought was awesome..Free drinks and snacks who would complain about this.The kids did use the pool and thoroughly enjoyed this as I used the gym to which had everything you actually needed. Also there is a jacuzzi and an outdoor area for smokers or if you would like to relax a bit in the sun.Breakfast is more than enough with the bacon and eggs cereals and juice as well an omellette station. Be there early and you will miss the queue.Bare in mind that parking is charged per night. Reception did advise that you can park out on the street to which is opposite the hotel but there are time limits and yes have witnessed a person getting a ticket lol.If you do not have a car there are a few restaurants up the road to which is a bit of a distance to walk, other than that the restaurant onsite is still cheap to eat at.All in all a pleasant stay and would definately stay here again(:

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. You make a great point about going to our breakfast early. Many of our guests, especially on weekends, like to sleep in and rush down towards the end causing long lines. And the street parking is great as long as you obey all traffic signs and laws. El Segundo is a very safe city but the parking violations are expensive.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
#71 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South

Address: 1440 E Imperial Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245-2623
Region: United States > California > El Segundo
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in El Segundo
#4 Romantic Hotel in El Segundo
Price Range: £126 - £221 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South 3.5*
This all-suite LAX Airport Hotel offers 349 newly renovated two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, free evening reception*, and free shuttle service to/from Los Angeles International Airport as well as amenities including an indoor pool, fitness center, and business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites El Segundo