“Great Piece of Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 5 Elk B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Great Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My partner and I along with our little min pin loved this inn on the coast and the Hideaway room we stayed in. After killing several spiders which is not uncommon in a forest type environment, we enjoyed our stay and the EXCELLENT service we received. The continental breakfast we enjoyed was far and beyond any continental we have ever experienced. It was actually a full breakfast with the continental title. The views are Million dollar from the property and dining room. When you visit a place like this on vacation, you don't want nor should you need cellular service. For emergencies or for those that just can't relax and leave the world behind there is a house phone available for all free of charge. You can even use magic jack through the free Wifi on the property. WOW. Love this place. They provided all the fixings for a beach fire without additional charge. This was great. Even though the beach is public, the town is so small that you may only run into others from the Inn on the beach; making it really a private beach for the resort. The room so far more superior to that of the Marriott and made us feel as though we were home in our own bedroom. The large flat screen TV with satellite and the directions on how to use them is like nothing I have ever seen in all of our travels. The Elk left nothing to chance. I could not believe how large the bathroom was and the shower; which is large enough for 3-4 people-not suggesting anything. The staff is very gay friendly. The town itself is gay friendly as there is at least 2 gay run businesses in this very small town. Maybe both are owned by the same person; in either case display a very large rainbow flag on the front of their businesses. Our little child (min pin) was welcomed everywhere without question. I will always cherish our time spent in Elk. Thank you Elk Cove Inn for a wonderful time and experience.

Room Tip: Know this is a small Bed and Breakfast type experience. Don't look for bell boys, car hops or to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

All of the raves are well deserved. This is a friendly, comfortable inn, situated in a spectacular location. The amenities are terrific, the breakfast is outstanding (creative, different from the usual fare), the staff is cordial. Appreciated the gift basket, the happy hour treats, the upper deck and gaming room, the gazebo overlooking the cove. Perfect. My wife and I stopped over on our way up the California coast, and would go back again, for sure. Tip: Although the rooms are kind of pricey, there is one room in the main building that is more modestly priced--cozy but very nice.

Room Tip: Tip: Although the rooms are kind of pricey, there is one room in the main building that is more mode...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Me and my Miniature Pincher Max stayed here. The owner and the staff catered to our every need. I had stayed at the Marriot, Fishermans Warf in San Fransisco prior to Elk Cove and the Elk Cove Inn & Spa far exceeded the Marriot in both customer service and ammenities. The Elk Cove had the best continental breakfast that I have ever had in all my travels. I stayed in the Hide Away suite which was very large, spacous and well lit with natural light. Granted there was absolutely no cell phone service which I will point out IS OUT OF THE INNS CONTROL, but they do everything they can to compensate for their patrons by providing free WiFi and Magic Jack service which is an internet based phone system that can be used from the WiFi service and your cell phone. There was a spectacular view of the beach from the premises particularly from the gazebo which is near the edge of the cliff. There is beach access from the premises which is also a pet friendly beach. Elk Cove is a wonderfully romantic get away and I recommend staying here with or without pets. The garden on the grounds is just breath taking. The citizens of Elk are also very friendly and will make you feel right at home. If I ever traveled back through this area, I would definitly stay at the Elk Cove Inn & Spa again. Please keep in mind that the ammenities, customer service and peaceful location are well worth the price of a room!

• Stayed July 2013
aptos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I went to this fabulous getaway on a couples weekend with friends. We arrived mid afternoon and enjoyed two days of comfort, relaxation and fabulous breakfasts. Whatever we needed was taken care of graciously with smiling faces....and the suggestions for restaurants and activities were spot on. The Elk Cove Inn is well situated on a bluff overlooking a fabulous beach, with crashing waves and sunsets that inspired the soul....We will be repeat customers for sure! Thank you Elaine, Mary and the rest of the fabulous staff!!

Room Tip: We upstairs suites are fabulous
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ardengarden
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I've been visiting the Inn since the '80's and always have a most enjoyable stay. Perfect setting for relaxing, beachcombing, listening to the waves, and watching the weather change. The staff this past visit was most attentive. The grounds are beautifully kept despite the battering of the nearby ocean. The original guest cabins retain a cozy, rustic charm that I prefer when staying on the north coast. The breakfasts are fabulous. My wife and I have talked a lot about our stay since returning home. It's always a vacation that we remember fondly for months afterward and that is priceless.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Literally I thought I was a VIP with last night's stay in the Seascape room overlooking the ocean. The gentle breaking waves, the fresh air smell, the long day of summer solstice, the beauty of the location and then the fact that the Inn itself left me wanting for nothing. I really don't think I could give a better rating than #5 most excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Windsor, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Elk, Ca is one of the most scenic places on the west coast and the Elk Cove Inn & Spa property is right there. Unfortunately, the inn is showing it's age. My impression is that the owner/innkeepers try hard enough but fall short of ones expectation, given the cost of staying there. Our room's furniture was quite worn and the arms of the chairs were worn and dirty. The handle in the shower was worn and loose, etc. The breakfast was very good though. In my view, simply not worth the cost of the stay. Oh, no cell service at the inn.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank livetoeat1965
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk
Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites
Brewery Gulch Inn
#1 of 25 in Mendocino
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,123 reviews
Whale Watch Inn by the Sea

Been to The Elk Cove Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!