The Elk Cove Inn & Spa
Heritage House Resort(Little River)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$158
Little River Inn(Little River)
US$197
US$96
US$89
US$274
US$218
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
US$111
US$87
Travelocity
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$143
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$142
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$79
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$113
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
US$72
  • Restaurant
All reviewswelcome basketcookiesb bmendocino coastbreakfast buffetcocktail hourbottle of winethe main housecrackerscorned beef hashpolentabiscuits and gravyan ocean view roomprivate beachegg dishesspectacular viewsgas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My daughter and I first discovered the Elk Cove Inn when searching for a place for her destination wedding in October 2012. I returned with a friend in June 2013, and then we had the wedding there in September 2013. The inn and staff were absolutely fabulous every time. Our wedding guests came from all over the world and they all loved it as well. I had no worries about the wedding, knowing what superb support I had dealing with all my vendors through them. I cannot wait to go back. Oh, and all those reviews that rave about the accommodations, views, atmosphere, food--I and my nearest and dearest agree completely.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife & I stumbled on the Elk Cove Inn by accident one late night. We couldn't see the views because of the time, but, the next morning we were amazed by the beauty of the ocean & costal views from the Inn! They have access to a wonderful beach below the Inn. There were many days when we were the only people on the beach. The staff are wonderful & the owner, Elaine, will do anything to make your stay the best! The breakfast is wonderful. They also have a free happy hour with anything you like to drink. We found this was a great place to meet other guests. We have made this a yearly trip to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our reservations are already made for next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The rooms with ocean views are more expensive, but worth the price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

If you want the most outstanding B and B breakfast, incredible ocean atmosphere, accommodations beyond your wildest imagination, serenity, peacefulness, tranquil atmosphere, impeccable service and attention,a private beach to explore ,a great birding spot,anonymity, and even a wedding site or spectacular place to propose marriage, there is no B and B that can compare to this place. The owner is a woman who will go out of her way to make any of your wishes come true.I cannot recommend this place enough! It is simply"spectacular" You will not regret spending 2-3 days or more in this famous B and B , which has had several articles written about it in Sunset magazine.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views and the suites are extraordinary!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Elk Cove is where I chose to propose to my now-fiancee. It's in a beautiful and secluded location, but close enough to Elk--barely a dot on the map--to walk to good food and art.
The first night we spent in the Burk suite, which was even nicer than the pictures make it look. It's spacious and comfortable, and the gas fireplace was more than enough to warm the room.
The second night was in the Greenwood room, which was a pretty significant step down in terms of room size and view, but was still comfortable and had charming touches, such as a full-length picture window in the shower and a wood burning fireplace.
The breakfasts are ridiculous. You would be crazy not to eat at the Elk Cove in the morning. Also, Elaine was a wealth of information about the area's attractions.
If you're looking for a slightly-above-mid-range place with incredible service, gorgeous views, kind inn-keepers, fantastic home cooking, and charming rooms, look no further than the Elk Cove Inn.

Room Tip: The suites are newer and larger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Our stay at Elk Cove Inn was wonderful. The room was very comfortable. The view was awesome both day and night. We happened to be there when the sky was clear and the moon had not yet risen. The staff was so friendly and the breakfast outstanding. We are looking forward to our next visit there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple