“The taste of good home-cooked food”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 267 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Elk Grove, California
“The taste of good home-cooked food”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Mimi's is one of my wife and mine favorite restaurants in Elk Grove. The service is excellent and the menu has a great selection.

• Visited January 2014

Sacramento, California
“Good food, service, and great special deals!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Over the years my wife and I have enjoyed Mimi's in various locations. This one in Elk Grove has good food and good service. Their special deals are terrific. We were mailed a $10 off any purchase with no minimum required! We enjoyed a very nice breakfast. The only suggestion I would have for this restaurant is that they consider putting up some sort of sound barrier between the booths in the back since one relatively noisy party sort of spoiled the atmosphere for everyone else.

• Visited January 2014
Aiea, Hawaii
“Good service, breakfast menu a little limited.”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Mimi's is very well-decorated family restaurant with a somewhat limited but stylish breakfast menu. Service was very good in view of the fact that our waitress I think had too many tables to take care of. The breakfast menu items are not a straight-forward Denny's-type of offering. They are prepared with more of an attempt to be gourmet or at least different from standard fare. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I just like simple things. I prefer Black Bear Diner's pancakes to theirs. There also weren't many selections. So, you don't get 10 different kinds of omelets or eggs with five different kinds of meat. You get what they have. The muffins my wife had were very good. My pancakes were just average. It's a popular restaurant and was filling up fast with the early lunch crowd as we were finishing. I appreciate that the manager was hovering around keeping an eye on things and trying to be a greeter as well.

• Visited December 2013
Sacramento, California
“Very GoodBreakfast”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was my first time having breakfast at Mimi's; my wife's 5th trip and overall it was very good because of our server. Me personally found the menu limited since I cannot eat eggs and had to choose from the "Sides" selections. My wife tried something different for her and she was very pleased.

Visited December 2013
“Great place but don't like the new menu.”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I have always enjoyed dining at Mimi's but not too sure I will visit quite as often as I used to. The old menu was unique & wonderful! It had a fantastic array of down home simple to high style elegance. Something for everyone. The Pot Roast dinner was delightful (just like Mom's!!) but is now gone. Too bad.....guess I will start a search for a new favorite restaurant. Denny's has a pretty diversified menu...have to do for now.
Sorry,