“still searching for a breakfast as good as Mimi's...”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #18 of 269 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I ate breakfast here twice with my fiance during my stay. The original Pain Perdu was absolutely phenomenal. Their strawberry sauce is wonderful. It taste so fresh, and isn't too sweet. We ordered sunny-side up eggs, and they were cooked wonderfully (not over or under-cooked like most places I've been to),.
I also got the original benedict and that was delicious as well. Again, the eggs were perfect.
My fiance ordered the benedict with the corned beef hash. It was good, but I think it would be better if it also included the english muffin as well.
The service was fast and friendly, and the restaurant was clean. I can't wait to have the pain perdu again.. It's addicting! The value is awesome.

1  Thank Playzure

Reviewed 8 January 2014

As a long time customer and I am very disappointed with the new menu. Breakfast still has a good selection, but this new "French influenced" menu leaves much to be desired. The selection is too limited.The standard soups are still on the menu, and are very good. As always, the restaurant is clean and the servers and efficient.

1  Thank happytaster
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Mimi's is one of my wife and mine favorite restaurants in Elk Grove. The service is excellent and the menu has a great selection.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Over the years my wife and I have enjoyed Mimi's in various locations. This one in Elk Grove has good food and good service. Their special deals are terrific. We were mailed a $10 off any purchase with no minimum required! We enjoyed a very nice breakfast. The only suggestion I would have for this restaurant is that they consider putting up some sort of sound barrier between the booths in the back since one relatively noisy party sort of spoiled the atmosphere for everyone else.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Mimi's is very well-decorated family restaurant with a somewhat limited but stylish breakfast menu. Service was very good in view of the fact that our waitress I think had too many tables to take care of. The breakfast menu items are not a straight-forward Denny's-type of offering. They are prepared with more of an attempt to be gourmet or at least different from standard fare. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I just like simple things. I prefer Black Bear Diner's pancakes to theirs. There also weren't many selections. So, you don't get 10 different kinds of omelets or eggs with five different kinds of meat. You get what they have. The muffins my wife had were very good. My pancakes were just average. It's a popular restaurant and was filling up fast with the early lunch crowd as we were finishing. I appreciate that the manager was hovering around keeping an eye on things and trying to be a greeter as well.

Been to Mimi's Cafe? Share your experiences!