My husband and I often take over night get aways here in town when our work schedules do not permit us to leave town. We opt for local low key places with spa/ jacuzzi suites whenever possible. We love the jacuzzi suite at the Hampton Inn & Suites just down the road from this hotel however mothers day weekend that suite was not available and neither were any others in the Sacramento area. Holiday inn advertises a Executive Suite with jetted tub on their website for a rate if about $139 on this particular weekend so I booked it. We checked in around 6pm and were given room 203 of a 3 story 60 room hotel. The exterior & lobby were standard Holiday Inn, pleasant but small. Check in was efficient however we were only given one room key and I had to ask for a second. We get to the room, no jetted tub. Before settling in I called the front desk and inquired only to be told the hotel has no rooms with jetted tubs or jacuzzi's. I advised that the website misled us and expressed my unhapppiness only to be told I was lucky to get the rate I did as this room normally goes for $159. Really?? I could care less and the web doesn't advise me of my apparent fortune it just quotes a rate that I agreed to with amenities that I was looking for. After a short and unpleasant quibble over the matter with the MANAGER of the hotel, he advises me to take my concerns up with Holiday Inn Inc. and that was that. He again advises me how happy I should be with my rate regardless of the inaccurate information provided on the website, and clearly was not interested in apologies, accountability or customer satisfaction in any way shape or form. The room was fine. But no where near worth $139 a night and would be a crime to pay $159 a night for. Everything else is basically as described by previous reviews, standard Holiday Inn. If given the choice I would stay home before ever giving this hotel a penny more of our hard earned cash just for the lack of customer service alone and rude entitlement attitude of the staff. One more negative note, garbage stuffed in our ice bucket from previous guest, one shampoo bottle ( no conditioner) one body lotion, one soap. For $140 a night you'd think they're would be toiletries for two and they wouldn't skimp on soap and conditioner. They also had the classy sign in the bathroom informing guests of the costs associated in stealing towels, wash cloths, pillows, blankets ect. A nice little touch. Never, never again Holiday Inn Elk Grove, not that you'd care. And yes we are Holiday Inn rewards members which meant absolutely nothing to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Elk Grove is the newest and most modern hotel in the Sacramento area. Our beautiful 100% non smoking hotel is conveniently located off, I-5 and within variety of shopping and popular dining options. Guest will enjoy our central location to San Francisco Bay area, Napa Valley/Sonoma, Lake Tahoe/ Reno, Redding and the Central Valley. Experience luxurious accommodations and a plethora of amenities such as a complimentary hot breakfast buffet featuring our signature cinnamon rolls served daily, outdoor pool and whirlpool, enhanced bath experience, business center, fitness area, meeting space that can accommodate up to 40 people, wired and wireless high-speed Internet access. Our location places you a short distance from Sacramento International Airport, Downtown Sacramento, Old Town Sacramento, Sacramento Convention Center, State Capitol Building, Sacramento Zoo, Arco Arena, Sacramento River, Elk Grove Regional Park, Old Town Elk Grove, Raley Field, Grand Island Mansion, Wineries, Cosumnes River College, Cal Expo, Harvest Festival, Memorial Auditorium and Esquire IMAX Theater. We are confident that your stay in Elk Grove will be a pleasant experience, so Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove
- Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove California