“Easy Check In, Great Staff, Clean Carpets”

Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Portland, Oregon
“Easy Check In, Great Staff, Clean Carpets”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Great location for the business traveler. Easy, quick check in and nice clean room and bed. The carpet in the room was very clean and stain free, which is a huge plus for me. 24 hour coffee comes in handy for long nights or early wake up calls. This location is close to restaurants and fuel stations. I would stay here again when in the Sac area.

Room Tip: Safe area to stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to post a review based on your stay with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mariposa, California
Reviewed 18 April 2013

After arriving at the hotel, I had to check to see if I was given the right room. It was described as a large suite with queen beds, separate bedroom and living room area. Not at all like the description. I thought it was like a "Peppermill Suite". After confirmation that this was the Executive suite, I will state the room was clean ,but the beds were closer to "full size". There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The description stated a large flat screen and it was a small one. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi were small but clean. The breakfast was standard...but the pancakes were great! They have an excellent pancake maker...technology always impresses me. I did like that the neighborhood was safe and the hotel is quiet. One can get a good night sleep. I think if my expectations were not so high, I would say the room was great. It was better than a standard room and I guess this is good for Sacramento. A couple or single person would enjoy it more. I was with family, 2 children.Pool towels were not available, but we had our beach towels. We stayed 2 nights and would stay again .

Room Tip: I think it's worth it to pay for an executive sutie...it is suppose to be larger than a regular...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear lica0526,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This Holiday Inn Express did not disappoint. I have stayed in many. Clean, quiet, and safe. Rooms are large and well-equipt. Great flat screen tvs. Bathroom is spacious but be careful, I kept stumbling getting into the shower/tub because the tub floor and bathroom floor don't seem to be on the same plane. Free breakfast in lobby cant be beat! The pancake machine is awesome! Nice pizza restaurant across parking lot. Easy freeway access!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit.
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here one night as a layover on our long drive from the Northwest to SoCal. We called them while we were on the road, they were very accommodating at a late notice and had a very good rate for two double beds. We called to ask for directions ( silly us, totally easy to fine but there is another in East Elk Grove by 99 and we wanted o be sure we had the right one...don'y YOU get confused, Elk Grove is on I-5 and East Elk Grove is on 99. The room had a flat screen TV, morning coffee maker, clean beds, bath, and the area's above the doors and closets had no dust. We did our compensatory Bedbug check and found No bedbugs...Always check the mattress seams especially around the headboard. Always pull the bed away from the wall and check cleanliness of the floor mouldings and carpet under the headboard. This place was clean.
Parking was good for our Ford Truck and 15' trailer, good night security.The evening staff was very nice as was the morning staff. The breakfast was a typical Holiday Inn "get you on the road" breakfast but fine. Overall it was a good experience, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, Plenty of good food in walking distance.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate and value your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.
san francisco
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Clean, family and pet friendly accommodation. Stayed two nights and don't have any complaints. Rooms were well kept, breakfast filled us up and staff were friendly. Restaurant and gas station were within close proximity. My two Maltese dogs enjoyed their stay as well.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on your stay with us. I am very pleased to know you and your Maltese dogs enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The hotel location is just far enough away from I5 to be very quite at night, but not too far to get back. Larger than normal room with 2 double beds, sofa and desk. Bed linens were clean, did not appear worn out and the beds were comfortable. The out door pool looked inviting but we couldn't find any pool towels, we needed the bathroom towels to shower. The included breakfast contained the usual assortment, no complaints.

Room Tip: All room locations appear to be good, there was no freeway noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting a review regarding your stay with us. I am very pleased to know you and your family enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the pool towels; they are kept at the back office and are usually given to guests upon request of the towels at the Front Desk. We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

It's what you would expect, clean and fresh. The front counter had issues getting the room on our priority club but finally got it correct. Would stay there again if I was in the area. Breakfast was good as always.

• Stayed September 2012
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel and would like to thank you for writing a review. I'm pleased to know you had a pleasant stay. I do apologize about the inconvenience that was caused at check in time; certainly glad it was resolved. I hope you will come see us again. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
The Westin Sacramento
The Westin Sacramento
#17 of 81 in Sacramento

Been to Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove? Share your experiences!