“Fabulous stay!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Surrey, Canada
“Fabulous stay!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had a hard time finding this hotel, but that was our fault, NOT the fault of the hotel ;-) When we did figure out where we were we had realized our mistake of our wrong turns, as the location was really excellent. Surrounded by shops and restaurants, the area had everything. Hotel was clean, room was spacious and quiet. Friendly staff, internet in the rooms, hot and cold free breakfast, pool outside (which unfortunately we didn't have time to use), this hotel had it all. We booked through hotwire.com and got a tremendous deal. Would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking out your time to post such a pleasant review. I am happy to know you and your family made it safe to our Establishment and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hemet
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The last time we stayed here, this property was being converted to the Holiday Inn Express over the weekend. The change has not been bad either. Management of the property, the amenities, and the value seem to be very good.
Rooms are spacious, clean, and interior hallways are kept well. The pool is kept clean too!
This is a place we will revisit any time we are in the area!
The fact that the thermostat setting for the a/c is in the room interior is a plus.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side will not have sunset heat in the summer.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tmgreen777
Dear Guest,

Very happy to know you are one of our loyal customers; we are appreciative and are happy to serve you with promising quality service.
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was all I could find at a reasonable price in Elk Grove. The hotel is not BAD, but it is not GOOD either. The staff were very friendly and helpful upon arrival. I got in pretty late, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the local Pizza joint (Original Petes, see my review) delivered for free (they are pretty much in the same lot). The phone system even had a quick dial button for the restaurant and for a Chinese restaurant, but everytime I tried it, it was engages, so in the end I just used my cell. There are a few decent restaurants around, and I would highly recommend Wasabi's, which you can walk to (again, see review).

The room was a good size, but dated. There was no noise from the road, but the noise from the rooms beside and above me was very noticeable, not that they were partying or anything, but you could hear everything. The bathroom was ok, but the shower head is very low and the flush sounds like the whole toilet is going to get sucks down through the floor.

Pool is tiny and not even worth mentioning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Nomolos,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with our rooms and for the noise challenges you have encountered. Additionally, I am sorry to hear your troubles with some items in the bathroom. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Disclaimer: Date of actual stay was December 2010

**Location**
If you're in the Elk Grove area, or attending a wedding at the Grand Island Mansion (as we were) then this is an excellent choice
It is about 20 mins away from downtown Sacramento (upto 30 mins in traffic)

**Service**
The staff and managers were extremely courteous and went out of their way to accommodate our special requests and needs. I've not seen this level of friendly and approachable service in many so called 5-star hotels

**Property**
This a new and well kept property. Plenty of parking and much more facilities than you'd typically expect at this price point.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I have taken note of your valuable compliments and will share it with my staff as we continually strive to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. Thank you kindly!
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express while visiting family. The entire stay was absolutely great. Very very clean, the beds were very comfortable and it was very quiet. My great grandson came over with his mom and we all went out to the pool and spa area for a few hours of visiting and my grandson had a great time in the pool. We travel with our family kitty and that was no problem. We will be staying here again when we return to the area and I highly recommend anyone considering a stay in this area come to this establishment. The staff was also very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd level and didn't have any problem with anything. The air conditioning in th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting an excellent review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I will certainly share your comments with my staff as reinforcement to continue to serve our guests with excellent and quality service. We hope to see you soon next time you are in the Elk Grove area!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Great location for the business traveler. Easy, quick check in and nice clean room and bed. The carpet in the room was very clean and stain free, which is a huge plus for me. 24 hour coffee comes in handy for long nights or early wake up calls. This location is close to restaurants and fuel stations. I would stay here again when in the Sac area.

Room Tip: Safe area to stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to post a review based on your stay with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Mariposa, California
Reviewed 18 April 2013

After arriving at the hotel, I had to check to see if I was given the right room. It was described as a large suite with queen beds, separate bedroom and living room area. Not at all like the description. I thought it was like a "Peppermill Suite". After confirmation that this was the Executive suite, I will state the room was clean ,but the beds were closer to "full size". There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The description stated a large flat screen and it was a small one. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi were small but clean. The breakfast was standard...but the pancakes were great! They have an excellent pancake maker...technology always impresses me. I did like that the neighborhood was safe and the hotel is quiet. One can get a good night sleep. I think if my expectations were not so high, I would say the room was great. It was better than a standard room and I guess this is good for Sacramento. A couple or single person would enjoy it more. I was with family, 2 children.Pool towels were not available, but we had our beach towels. We stayed 2 nights and would stay again .

Room Tip: I think it's worth it to pay for an executive sutie...it is suppose to be larger than a regular...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear lica0526,

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Comfort Inn & Suites Galt - Lodi North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove? Share your experiences!