Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is the most disgusting place I've ever been! We've made a reservation for 1 night at this hotel. It's listed as a pet friendly hotel, but don't leave yourself or your pet in its rooms. The lobby is fine, but as soon as you get to the 3rd floor (that's where my room was located), it reeks of cigarette smoke, even though there are numerous "no smoking" signs in the hallway. It is very clear that patrons are smoking there. Upon entering the room, there were several issues noted:
1) the room smelled of a combination of cleaner and cigarette smoke.
2) the bed was gross and dirty.
3) the sofa chair was dirty.
4) the chairs were damaged and had lots of scratches.
5) the shower handles and plate were calcified.
I took pictures and immediately left, requesting to have my money back. The front desk clerk was very kind and gave me my money back, but also minimized the room's condition, stating that the housekeeper "probably had a bad day." This was well beyond just the housekeeper!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a pet friendly hotel, do not go to this one. Try the Holiday Inn Express...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dianne C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you might give us an opportunity in the future to host you as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sonora
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to take care of my needs. If the bed is too hard for you, ask them for a matress pad. The location was very nice - I felt safe here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish the review on your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. Thank you and please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Gold Beach, OR
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here one night on April 1. The room was clean enough but don't expect much besides a bed and a really hard one! There was a refrigerator and microwave if you decided to heat something but you would have to have your own plates etc. to use it. We had one glass one coffee mug and no hairdryer. We didn't complain at the desk just made do as it was only one night. There was a Hampton Inn next door that we both felt would probably have been nicer. There's no breakfast not even coffee, but there is a McDonalds close so we grabbed an Egg McMuffin as we left. There is a coffee pot in room with a hotel packet of coffee, if you have ever had those you know they are ususally awful, we went to Starbucks next door. This was our first and probably last Extended Stay hotel especially as it was no bargain!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. We are making improvements and upgrades everyday so we hope that you might consider us in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Elk Grove hotels

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I called and cancelled my reservation 2 days before my arrival date. The charge showed up on my credit card statement anyway. I disputed my charge, visa removed it, Extended Stay charged my card again and I have not been able to get it removed. Never again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2011

While the area is real nice, I feel I can walk around the surrounding area at night alone and safely, I would not stay here again. The hallway and entrance ways reeked of pot and and there were groups of people smoking it outside the exits, I had my kids with me and that is unacceptable.
While the employees were nice they were often hard to find since they would hide around the corner. When my son got sick they also didn't know where the closest hospital was and also told us that we needed to bring our dirty towels and linens to the front desk even though they had told us to put them in the hallway.
It was nice to have a kitchenette but with a family of 4 having 2 of everything just doesn't cut it. Plus there was no dish soap.
We got a renovated room which didn't look all too renovated to me but after reading other reviews I guess I'm lucky. The only thing that seemed new were the curtains. The comforters were thin, snagged and looked dirty and the bed was ungodly hard.
On our last night the fire alarm went off and we had to grab our kids and go sit in the car for a half hour because someone "over-cooked their food in the oven". Thankfully they comped that night.

• Stayed February 2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2010

stayed here on business for a week ..great location..was wowed by the staff who were very helpful with directions and map for my business meeting...super clean"

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Seattle WA
Reviewed 15 November 2009

The reviews here nearly scared me into Motel 6, but I was warned by a local that it was not safe (I usually am fine with Motel 6). I was attending a dog-related event and this was the host hotel for the event, as well as the only affordable pet-friendly choice besides Motel 6. I was surprised to find the room in good order, quiet and clean. I found a few stray hairs only because I was really searching due to paranoia caused by these reviews. There are signs in the room stating that there is housekeeping only after 7 days. There were plenty of towels for my 2-night stay. If I needed more, I could get them from the front desk. The room was large, with a kitchen - full size fridge, 2 burner stove, micro & sink. No dish soap provided and you had to do your own dishes. One of the bedspreads had a rip down low, near the floor. I don't care - I'm not keeping it. TV, cable, everything worked fine. Small fee for wifi. If you need an upscale experience this is not for you. If you are a budget traveler who can make your own bed and find your own breakfast, this place is fine. It fit my simple criteria - clean, no bugs, pet-friendly, affordable (for this town).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!