“Never again will I stay with this hotel chain!”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My company booked 5days before I got here for a 6night stay for me and when I entered the lobby I noted 5 others who had already paid and booked rooms, but every one being told that they had overbooked the hotel and were eating for rooms to be vacated and cleaned. After waiting in the lobby for 3hrs and the 1 housekeeper to clean dirty rooms I checked in and passed out! I awakened to shower later that evening to find no hot water! I went to the front desk and was told the hot water heaters had broken that morning and they were waiting to hear back from management on when exactly it'd be fixed! 24hrs later we had hot water. Why didn't they disclose this sooner and a lot of folks were checking in with the intention of heading out to events in town. I let bygones be bygones and tried to get beyond that, but one similarity I've noticed with this hotel chain is the paper thin walls that allow you to hear EVERYTHING from your neighbors and conversations you'd rater not be involved in! If I was doing work business in my room no info is protected, no matter how low your tone of voice! I'm DONE w/ extended stay America!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Valencia E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Valencia - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am disheartened to hear that you had to wait on your room when you arrived at our hotel and that there was not hot water available for your shower. This is something that has never happened before, and took longer than expected to correct. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached my team and put an action plan in place to better resolve these types of situations moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at seg@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

As soon as I walked in I received service immediately from the receptionist Sofia, who was very helpful and polite. I would definitely recommend staying here and I would be more than pleased to return here for another stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a awesome review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with such great customer service, especially Sofia. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to you doing so again in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Sofia is the best person. She has the best customer service 10 stars. She worked around my budget and helped me to get room within my budget. The room is very nice, also. Very professional.my check in process was very fast and efficient

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Sofia was a great help. As well, I am glad that you were able to find a room that was comfortable and fit your budget

Reviewed 14 May 2013

This was the best value hotel/motel we stayed in during our vacation. We stayed here because it was conveniently located to our destination. The curtains will block all outside light and was mostly quiet. Ask for any room except 131 which is right by the house laundry that operates during the night. Other than that we were very happy with all accommodations here.

Room Tip: Avoid room 131. it is right by the house laundry and the dryers are in use after 10 pm.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Elizabeth - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that our location and amenities fit your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

after a long and hot trip driving from the bay area sophia and valerie has made my check in pleasant and so Comfortable I will continue to make extended stay america my hotel of choice.loving the general area with so much to get Into i can relax and shop and rest peacefully.

• Stayed: May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that Sofia and Valerie made your stay very comfortable. All of the staff is committed to providing guests, like yourself, with a wonderful stay; I am so happy to know that we were able to do this for you!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Room was good size, kitchen furnished for two, full-size refrigerator, stove top, microwave. Close access to Interstate 5, right beside Starbucks, on one of the main roads to get to a lot of things (shopping, dining, etc.) Staff was very friendly and would try to help with whatever you need.

Room Tip: No smoking in hotel lead to guest sitting on the sidewalk and throwing cigarette butts in the parkin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Gail - I appreciate you taking the time to write such an amazing review. It's great to hear that my staff provided you with friendly service and was able to address all of your needs. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Flew to Sacramento for business southeast of the city and needed a place to stay somewhere in between. Elk Grove seemed to be a nice spot in between. I arrived early ( 10 am) but couldn't check in( they said check-in wasn't until 3pm). I have encountered this at other places and that wasn't a big deal, though it would have been nice to get that part out of the way. I went and took care of one of my meetings and drove back, checked in and the front desk person was very friendly and seemed to have the easy ability to keep conversation going during the check in process. The room seemed clean and I quickly changed clothes and left again to go take care of my business in Rio Vista CA. When I returned at around 11:00pm I found the room a little stuffy, The AC unit wasn't working. (was flying out early and only had a few hours to get some sleep and didn't feel like packing my belongings and moving to another room to unpack so I just open the window and it seemed to eliminate that problem).
I love my coffee in the am and when I got up at 5 am to make a pot before showering, the coffee maker in the room wouldn't turn on. I was glad they had a stove top burner so I just heated the water in the pot and threw the coffee packet in the pot and brewed it like a tea bag.
The bed seamed comfortable for the few hours I was in it.
Over all an ok stay but nothing to brag about. booked it through hotwire and they sent me an email asking of I would recommend and I had three choices, yes, no or unsure. I chose the latter.
Just wished the room was as good as the staff. When I checked out I reported the issues, hopefully they fix them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Thank you for your kind words about the staff. They strive to provide each of our guests with a "home away from home" experience. Still, I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with your guest room, specifically the coffee maker was not working and the A/C unit was not getting cold. Please know, I am working with our mainenance staff to ensure these issues are corrected moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at seg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!