“Thorn of Elk Grove” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Elk Grove, California
“Thorn of Elk Grove”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

This use to be a great hotel with low prices but now people are moving in and using it as low income housing. The hotel is even beginning to get an element of drug dealing and meth addicts setting up shop. Customers will find people hanging out in the parking lot, unlocked side doors because smokers hold the doors open with the trash cans they use as overflowing ash trays, trash in the hallways, and dog poop on the sidewalk. Professionals should make this hotel a short visit or choose another location because it is not a place to stay if you are working class. Too bad no one bothers to do anything about this facility! I've lived off and on in this area for the last three years and this hotel is in a great location and city. It will be interesting to see what the city of Elk Grove does when the elements in this hotel spill into the surrounding neighborhoods?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Calitraveler50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Irvine, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Never returning, I woke up to get breakfast and there is only 4 muffins 4 fruits 4 breakfast bars, as I'm grabbing a cup of coffee, the manager Prasad is watching me like a hawk, I felt super uncomfortable, later in the day I asked for a late check out front desk told me I can only have a 30 minutes to leave the hotel, as I'm packing all my belongings the manager comes nocking on the door saying manger manager, it was so embarrassing he made it look like I was refusing to leave. He was very unprofessional, never staying here again

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Sarah2566
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Sarah - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast was not stocked properly and that you we were unable to extend a late check-out. Please know, I am working with the staff to ensure that our inventory policy is being followed better moving forward and to review our late check-out procedures. It is our goal to make our guests feel comfortable at our hotel, so I hope we can do a better job of this in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Elk Grove hotels

Elk Grove, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend are staying here overnight tonight. I go to use the bathroom #1 and it clogs. Wasn't even a #2 or #3.. normally it wouldn't be an issue. I do what anyone would do and call down to the front desk. At best I'm assuming someone will come up and plunger it for me. At worst I'm expecting them to bring me a plunger. What I get is a irritated enployee who speaks very poor english. She answers the phone saying "what you want" I proceed to tell her that the toilet is plugged up, the reply I got I couldn't understand fully but sounded like "its late I don't know. You pour some bleach in there and let it sit." I am only staying the night, I don't randomly carry bleach with me so I tell her "I don't have bleach" she says "I don't either" I then ask for a plunger she replies "I don't have one" I say "what do u expect me to do here" her reply, "when toilet plugs up you call plumber" I then asked her what she meant and why I would call a plumber to their facility to unclog a toilet that just needs a plunger. She then hung up on me. My boyfriend called back and asked if her could get a plunger and she hung up on him. After that he goes down to the front desk which appears closed and he heard an employee talking a a sort of break room. He walked over in that area and immediately spotted a plunger and grabbed it. We used it and kept it in the bathroom incase we have other incidents tonight. Why return it now when it may not be there again if we need it. We might not be so lucky next time and the employee surely wasn't willing to help. I have stayed here before many times and never had any issues. I read some reviews about this hotel before I came and laughes at them because I have never experienced anything close to the horrible things other people have said about this place. now I'm sitting here writing my own review 24 hrs later. Comical. I would stay here again in the future. The problem isn't the hotel, its that woman who thinks she can treat people that way.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank bridgetm88
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the plumbing and the responsiveness of the staff is truly regrettable; we are very sorry for your experience.

I have already addressed the staff in response to your feedback. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at seg@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We chose this hotel because of the price and location. The king-sized bed was extremely firm and the paper-thin mattress cover was queen sized. We simply needed a place to sleep (didn't use the kitchen at all), but the uncomfortable bed had me tossing and turning all night.

The "free breakfast" listed on-line was a "grab & go" with 2 muffins, and 3 apples. The desk clerk watched my husband like a hawk, frowning as he went to grab something for both of us.

Next time I will pay a little more so I will be able to sleep!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your uncomfortable stay . In response to your feedback, I am checking all beds and padding cover to ensure they are same size as mattress and breakfast items are restocked as needed.

Oxnard, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a hotel brand I will never return to because of the bad experience. This was the worst value for my $-motel 6 is an upgrade! It supposedly includes breakfast, and does not specify online but it's "grab and go" and there were 4 apples, 1 muffin and 3 oatmeal bars in the bin to choose from- at 6:30 am. Washclothes are not provided in the rooms, I was told they have a policy of no pets on the first floor. The pet fee is $25 non refundable per pet. The beds were so uncomfortable and old. And the whole place smelled old and dirty!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank sarahsocal12
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience staying at our hotel wasn't pleasant. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will look into the problem mentioned to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our free grab-and-go breakfast is a fairly new program that we are still tweaking to improve and will be reviewing.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at seg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Port Washington, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This ESA is in great shape--newly renovated, clean, well equipped, and conveniently located with the 5 and 99 highways nearby and a Starbucks right around the corner. Check-in staff was good but they did tell me they didn't have any nonsmoking rooms for me because I had booked on Priceline, which is unacceptable. When I refused to take a smoking room, magically a nonsmoking room DID become available. Hmm!!
Aside from a large tear in the blanket which was craftily covered up by well placed pillows, the room was great--no complaints. Smelled fine, everything in the bathroom and kitchen worked, wifi signal was strong, HD TV had many channels including Showtime, and the bed was comfortable with four nice pillows. The shower pressure was good and the towels new and clean. Grab and go breakfast had a fairly good assortment of fruit and granola bars/muffins. I would return here any time, gladly!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank flyermontana
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you found your room and our hotel overall to be fresh as well as clean . As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location and our grab-and-go breakfast.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff is top notch! always happy and heapful. they take a lot of care to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as the newly remodeled rooms throughout the property! the parking is very convenient and well lighted. the price is well worth the upgraded rooms!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an awesome review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and the staff, we try to meet all of our guests needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!