“Think budget hotel”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The highlight is having a kitchen, that's about it. We stayed in a one-queen room, which was adequate, but not roomy.

Fresh towels - you will need to take your used towels to the front desk to exchange them for clean towels. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if they could swap them for you.

Dishes, toasters, pans, etc. - you will need to also request these from the front desk.

Staff - helpful and friendly. I never encountered any problems.

Breakfast - not so much. We never went down before 9:00 or 9:15 (offered through 9:30), but there wasn't much left. One day there were 3 pieces of fruit, the next only Oatmeal bars.

Cleanliness - The linens were all very clean, but the room itself could use a careful scrub. There were places that easily cleaned off when I wiped with a damp tissue.

Other guests/tenants - I did get the feel that this might be longer-term housing for some of the people I met in the hallways. Not exactly what I was expecting or looking for.

Beds - FIRM. I like a softer bed, but my husband loved it.

Overall, I would place it in a budget hotel category. The selling point is the kitchen. If I hadn't gotten a screaming good deal on Priceline I would have been upset at the value.

Room Tip: The room across the hall had a dog in it that barked at times. If I had known pets were accepted, I...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SouthernSister1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and that our staff provided you with quality care; however, we are disappointed that your room was not cleaned to your expectations. We will review your feedback with our housekeeping staff and make sure that we are cleaning every room to our standards.

Thank you again for posting your review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The desk staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was adequately clean on our arrival and the hotel was quiet. But it appears the hotel is also being used as long-term housing....it did make me uneasy at times, though we never had any issue with the "guests". Though I would definitely consider an Extended Stay hotel again, if I were to return to the Elk Grove area I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we provided you with a fresh clean room. Still, I am sorry that you were not entirely comfortable at our location. Your feedback will be helpful to us and we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I was initially hesitant to book this reservation because of the saying you get what you pay for, however, being the location it was in I thought maybe I was getting a deal. WRONG! I walked in with my daughter and the smell of smoke and bad breath overtook me. Being how late it was and already prepaid i still checked in and went to room... FAIL! first thing I noticed was long black hair on the bed, I then pull back sheets to reveal nasty soiled/stained sheets. I turned around walked back to front desk and advised of the disgusting situation and said I would not be staying. The next day prasad advised only 1 prepaid day would be refunded because the room had been used... I totally agree however it was not used by me! I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Stacy R
Reviewed 5 June 2014

To let you know I stayed at the Extended Stay in Elk Grove CA. This is a great hotel for those of us who need to watch our budgets. My room was clean, comfortable, air conditioning worked great, a flat screen tv with a very good selection , and right off the five freeway. There are several places to get fastfood, like Subway, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Starbucks, Wendys. However there are grocery stores in the area to buy what you need because the rooms have small kitchenets.

The hotel is not fancy, but they do set out a continental breakfast in the lobby each morning up to 9:30am I think it begins at 6:00am You can pick up some muffins, oatmeal as well as coffee, and hot water for tea, also breakfast bars, enough to choose from until you would like to cook or go out.

I really recommend this chain for a traveling family.

Sincerely Carole

kNelson

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carole N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that your stay was comfortable and we provided you with a fresh, clean room. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel had to offer during your stay.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Booked into this hotel for a night stay. They put me in a room on the 3rd floor. Got to my room turned on the AC and it didnt blow very cold. I left the room to goto the store and came back 20 minutes later and the whole hallway to get to my room smelled like marijuana. Called the office to switch rooms. They did put my on the first floor after that and everything was ok.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Brushog
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hotel manager Prasad and his staff made us feel at home, explained housekeeping policies at ESA, and were very helpful in guiding us to fun destinations and restaurants in and around Elk Grove.

Not happy to read other reviews regarding hotel being used as low cost permanent housing for meth labs and drug dealers. I hope hotel managers and corporate excutives (Sanjay Shah
Vice President of Guest Relations Extended Stay Hotels) take this issue seriously to coordinate immediate actions with local and federal drug agencies to stop these activities at such a good hotel and great community.

Room Tip: Like any hotel, don't stay near the levator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Charlie - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the service provided by our team. Your suggestions for improvement are also greatly appreciated. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This use to be a great hotel with low prices but now people are moving in and using it as low income housing. The hotel is even beginning to get an element of drug dealing and meth addicts setting up shop. Customers will find people hanging out in the parking lot, unlocked side doors because smokers hold the doors open with the trash cans they use as overflowing ash trays, trash in the hallways, and dog poop on the sidewalk. Professionals should make this hotel a short visit or choose another location because it is not a place to stay if you are working class. Too bad no one bothers to do anything about this facility! I've lived off and on in this area for the last three years and this hotel is in a great location and city. It will be interesting to see what the city of Elk Grove does when the elements in this hotel spill into the surrounding neighborhoods?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!