“Good meal and atmosphere”

Sheldon Inn Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheldon Inn Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 269 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: American, Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This' family run ' restaurant gets our vote for a good dining experience. Just a note: They are only open for dinner (they open at 5pm) - their menu is pretty extensive with great variety. Service was great. I had the salmon and my husband at the rib-eye. Both meals were served either with soup or salad. Service was great.
Bar Service was okay - our ' lemon drop martini's' were not what we're used to so I wouldn't recommend them.
One recommendation we have is instead of standing out in front of the restaurant for it to open - have the bar open say a min 30 min prior to the dining room so folks can have a cocktail or two before dinner in the bar vs having a drink at the table.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

A down home friendly atmosphere with one of the best chefs around. Friendly is an understatement. I've watched the staff take care of little ones so patrons can eat. Located in the bitty town of Sheldon, you don't expect to find one of the regions finest chefs serving up mouth watering recipes at reasonable prices. The chef and his wife own the restaurant. He cooks while she manages. She most likely will be there to greet you. The calamari is in credible as is virtually everything. My brother melted over a stuffed pork chop at my fathers 90th birthday.yes, they accommodated our large group and let us decorate in advance. One of the Sacramento regions finest restaurants without the uppity atmosphere. Any attire is welcome.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The food is interesting and tasty, service is very good and servers are friendly. The owners are often on the property. Family run, small town (but not hick). Nice dinner out for a couple or group.

1  Thank Dlkelleygirl
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Went with a colleague for dinner and had the sirloin. It was perfectly cooked and had a tremendous flavor. Had the bread pudding dessert which was also fabulous. Our service was great, and I appreciated getting such a fine meal in such a cozy, not stuffy atmosphere. Great experience!

Reviewed 6 October 2012

My wife chose Silva's for our anniversary night out. We both had a grilled salmon, dressed with a tarragon-butter. Perfectly prepared. My wife had a peach cobbler, topped with vanilla bean ice cream, that she felt was superb. Our waitress provided great service without hovering. By the way, make it a point to try that Portuguese bean soup.

1  Thank ProsecutorSacramento