“Great stop over”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The fairfield was far better than we expected as we had envisaged a very basic budget hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Dont get me wrong its not 5 star but it does what it does very well.
The help yourself breakfast was great and plentiful and the staff very obliging.
Only slight issue was the train noise through the night but not a major probelm

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank davegaz

Reviewed 4 December 2012

The hotel was beautiful and clean, and also decorated for christmas. There were staff members constantly cleaning every time we walked around. Our room was very clean and spacious, and we were surprised to find a refrigerator and mircowave in our room, and also an ihome. The breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The hotel itself was great, clean, and the staff was friendly, but getting off the off-ramp we knew instantly this wasn't a good part of town. The gas station right next to the hotel I was stopped by two different beggars wanting money. Had I another option I would have left right then, as it is we checked in and stayed the night.

I can't blame the hotel for the area, but for this reason I will not stay here again as I didn't get a good night sleep thinking our car was going to get stolen or broke into, and isn't that the main point of a hotel? We are not paranoid people by any means and had I drove a beater maybe I wouldn't have cared, but with two small kids on a road trip, well...

On the up side there was a road house grill right next to the grill that was great

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We stayed there for two nights. The staff was polite but did not go out of their way to make us feel welcome. The steakhouse next door was a good chain restaurant. The near by gas station does have a Burger King in it. a block or so a way there was a Starbucks. But no other restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Easy exit of Hwy 99 makes it so easy to find. The stark location is in a development surrounded by only one steakhouse restaurant, that was busy and fun on a Saturday night, and several auto-related businesses. So, unfortunately, you have to drive to nearby Starbucks and groceries. The rooms a very nice and modern. Comfy beds. I slept real good. Good shower. Nice flat screen tv w lots of channels. Fridge and coffee were handy. Free breakfast in the lobby was convenient. Free parking is always a plus. Front desk was indifferent, didnt need their help for anything. The slow elevator drove me crazy. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay there again. Good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed here with my family this past weekend. The front desk clerk just stared right through me without any greeting even though I am an "Elite" member. I asked for a room with 2 beds as our 10 yr old son was with us. The clerk snapped back that they didn't have one but I could use the sofa bed. The room was very basic and very dated. The sofa bed was so uncomfortable that the 3 of us shared the king bed to get through the night. I would not recommend this hotel. There are other options including those from the Marriott chain within a ten minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We have stayed at this Fairfield Inn 3 times in the last 3 months. Each time, the service was friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are clean and roomy enough for 3. The location is close to the freeway and easy to get to many destinations. We will continue to stay at this Fairfield whenever we need to be in the ElK Grove area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove? Share your experiences!